Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sorry To Bother You Guys

Hi

Im sort of new to the forum so hi everyone

recently my car got a stupid err3 message so i decided might as well change the whole headunit

i currently have a 2002 standard is200 and i just want to ask is it difficult if i install a dvd player or cd player into the car myself?

i dont really wanna pay for the installation fees as i rkn it's sort of rip off

does the 2002 is200 need re-wiring as i phoned up one of the garage guys and they say all is 200 need wiring and hence the expensive installation fees...

anyone who had installed a headunit into an is200 can provide me with like noob step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot.

It's easy. If you have an IS200 with the built-in amp, i.e. SE or Sport model, then you will need an amp bypass cable from eBay. If you don't have the amp, you will just need an ISO adapter cable (I beleive the one for the MR2 also works for the IS200).

You will also need a plastic fascia adapter, the Autoleads one is a popular one. You will find DJ Wozza's guide on how to modify this adapter here, this is to give it more of an OEM finish.

I can email you Wozza's head unit removal guide if you PM me your email address.

Just to add, there will be a couple of wires to connect up that may well be specific to whatever head unit you have. The IS200 has an amplifier for the built-in roof aerial, and you need to supply power from the head unit to this otherwise your radio won't work (I assume this is the same on Australian models). There's a bit on this in the head unit removal guide, the aerial amp power wire is a black wire that runs alongside the actual aerial wire itself, this needs connecting to a suitable wire coming from the head unit, there's normally something handy that can be used for this, e.g. a wire that the head unit can use to power an external amp.

If you are installing a DVD player it might well have a safety device to try and stop you playing DVDs on the move, e.g. telling you to connect a particular wire to the handbrake wiring in the car so that it will only play DVDs while the handbrake is applied. If this is the case, then check the instructions for the head unit, but it probably just needs connecting to a suitable earth, and there are some bolts underneath the gearshift fascia that you can use for this.

Hi

Im sort of new to the forum so hi everyone

recently my car got a stupid err3 message so i decided might as well change the whole headunit

i currently have a 2002 standard is200 and i just want to ask is it difficult if i install a dvd player or cd player into the car myself?

i dont really wanna pay for the installation fees as i rkn it's sort of rip off

does the 2002 is200 need re-wiring as i phoned up one of the garage guys and they say all is 200 need wiring and hence the expensive installation fees...

anyone who had installed a headunit into an is200 can provide me with like noob step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot.

i thought that aswell mate. i got told if you wana chnage spearkrs then you gotta change all the wiring

thanks