Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Rights

Big Russ

just wanted to no if any can tell me my rights on gettiny my mony back or an exchange of vichle had car since november 2008 it been in garage 4 times now and booked in for the 5th time needs new cat/converter head gasket leaking and water pump leaking and a new egr valve again brought car from aronld clark dealers and ia part x which i got £6000 and then the rest of balance on hp which is £8000 where do i stand help needed

Search on sale of goods act, this will spell out your rights. But on a car of that age you should be able to reject it. Always best to speak ( nicely ) to the dealer principal first and see what they say ....

spoke to dealer and they say cuse it under warrenty take it back to lexus i dont want this car any more

Search on sale of goods act, this will spell out your rights. But on a car of that age you should be able to reject it. Always best to speak ( nicely ) to the dealer principal first and see what they say ....

spoke to dealer and they say cuse it under warrenty take it back to lexus i dont want this car any more

Tell them problem solved .YOU take it back to Lexus and give me my money back!

Although in reality you have more chance of getting a nut off a monkey

Sympathise with your predicament Big Russ. I don't have enough knowledge on the subject to advise you but I think there will be some on the forum who can.

I know it's too late now but if you had joined the forum before you bought you may have had second thoughts. This is the place to be if you are considering buying a Lexus, there is loads of information regarding the 220d on here, some positive and some negative, more than enough for you to make an informed choice.

Hope you can get it sorted out.

Did you buy it new from Lexus?

no brought it from arnold clark motor store

Your contract is with the dealer you bought it from and they are responsible for warranty work, they cannot push you off to Lexus.

If it's that bad, get a second opinion from someone like the AA or RAC and present it to the supplier with a clear statement that the vehicle is not to an acceptable standard or fit for purpose. You could also try Sales of Goods Act on this

Speak to CAB as well, they may be able to help, as will trading standards if the dealer is being an arse