Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brakes All Round

bige

hi there people , i have a is 200 that is ready for her 1st set of front disc and pads , its on 38000k so rears will go longer but may just do the lot

ive always done my own on other cars cause im in the trade and when poss fit gen parts .

was gona use ADL if lexus are to much , but found on eBay a shop with drilled front and back 4 £180.00

has anybody got drilled , are they worth the money , and if i use them whats the best type of pads (dont want mintext extream) as my mate had them in

his evo and they made plenty of noise when brakeing !!!!!!!

seaking advice if anybody can help i no you can go crazy with prices but just want a nice long lasting brake set up cause not up 4 doing them that offen ....

hi there people , i have a is 200 that is ready for her 1st set of front disc and pads , its on 38000k so rears will go longer but may just do the lot

ive always done my own on other cars cause im in the trade and when poss fit gen parts .

was gona use ADL if lexus are to much , but found on ebay a shop with drilled front and back 4 £180.00

has anybody got drilled , are they worth the money , and if i use them whats the best type of pads (dont want mintext extream) as my mate had them in

his evo and they made plenty of noise when brakeing !!!!!!!

seaking advice if anybody can help i no you can go crazy with prices but just want a nice long lasting brake set up cause not up 4 doing them that offen ....

im planning on putting EBC redstuff on the front and greenstuff on the back, also with drilled discs. have used this set up on other cars and was happy with it

cheers 4 that will go with the grooved ive found & with ebc pad's

out of the red green yellow pads , what will give out less dust ?????

What discs are you getting and from where?

hi mate just seen message , found them from eBay shop they are just grooved gona do the lot they come with ebc black pads

£199 as im in trade wasnt able to get near that price so gona give it a go

if you wana look eBay type in is200 front drill/grooved disc/pads theres not that many with a full set ??

hi mate just seen message , found them from eBay shop they are just grooved gona do the lot they come with ebc black pads

if you wana look eBay type in is200 front drill/grooved disc/pads theres not that many with a full set ??

Hi mate, have a look at the following site:

http://stores.ebay.com/Brake-Masters-Direct-Wholesale

For 250 USD you get front and rear brake disks plus pads. The ship charges are 110 USD to Greece so it should be similar for UK. I have ordered them so once I install then I will inform you about the performance

im planning on putting EBC redstuff on the front and greenstuff on the back, also with drilled discs. have used this set up on other cars and was happy with it

i found that the redstuff were less dusty because of the harder compound, i wouldn't go with them on the back though because unless you drive it like you stole it they will never get warm enough to be effective, i also wouldn't go with anything harder than redstuff on the front unless it is a track car because you will have the same problem as putting redstuff in the rear. i would also keep an eye on the drilled discs for a while because they can sometimes crack between the holes, this doesn't happen that often though and is more of a problem on certain cars. if you haven't ordered the discs yet try www.camskill.com they won't list the discs for the IS but they will be able to order them for you, they can also get black coated discs that look guite good. the black comes off the part of the discs that the pad touches but will stay on the rest of the discs, in the drill holes for example, this stops them rusting and looking manky!

i found that the redstuff were less dusty because of the harder compound, i wouldn't go with them on the back though because unless you drive it like you stole it they will never get warm enough to be effective, i also wouldn't go with anything harder than redstuff on the front unless it is a track car because you will have the same problem as putting redstuff in the rear. i would also keep an eye on the drilled discs for a while because they can sometimes crack between the holes, this doesn't happen that often though and is more of a problem on certain cars. if you haven't ordered the discs yet try www.camskill.com they won't list the discs for the IS but they will be able to order them for you, they can also get black coated discs that look guite good. the black comes off the part of the discs that the pad touches but will stay on the rest of the discs, in the drill holes for example, this stops them rusting and looking manky!

true mate no point getting red stuff on the back so i will get green stuff on the back and red ones on the front. i havent order discs yet but will soon once they wea a little bit more.

thanks

For 250 USD you get front and rear brake disks plus pads. The ship charges are 110 USD to Greece so it should be similar for UK. I have ordered them so once I install then I will inform you about the performance

Hi mate,

yeah, they look really good. I've never heard of the brake pad make before though? If you could let me know how you get on with them though. Cheers

Hi mate,

yeah, they look really good. I've never heard of the brake pad make before though? If you could let me know how you get on with them though. Cheers

Hi I found them on eBay while I was looking to change my brake disks too. I have not installed them yet on my vehicle since I am waiting for the SC to be sent to Greece in order to place everything on the car once i take it to the garage.