Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ww3........are We Knocking On The Door Of Doom.....

The metal plate in my nut is resonating! It always does this when the harbingers of doom are out and about.

Facts are that the world is NOT a safer place right now, and there's an awful lot of things could very easily chuck it over the edge.

North Korea is looking to start a war - they've got nothing to lose, and all indicators are that they ARE going to kick off - even Japan reckons it might want a piece of the action!

We are getting no end of bad news in Afghanistan and the predictions are not good. We are losing hundreds of millions of ££ worth of gear in the Khyber pass our supply lines are strained. We are having to kiss some serious arse to try and open channels to new supply lines.

Pakistan is on the verge of going nasty, and if it does, and we haven't got the manpower to stop it, Jihaddees are going to get nukes OR India is going to step in, OR we are, despite having no forces left to use.

Iran is still after a nuke, and it WILL get it unless Israel and/or the US step in and basically start a war with the much better Russian-armed place.

Russia is playing silly buggers with the West, and what we are seeing right now is merely a detente, certainly not a friendship, and if they'd just LOVE to have us by the nuts over Afghanistan (they haven't forgotten you know), and it could still go VERY wrong for us in terms of that relationship.

China is rather peed off with the West at the moment, and there's no telling what they might do if it all kicks off in North Korea. They sure as hell aren't happy with the US at the moment, and there's still the outstanding issue of Taiwan . . . .

On top of this, the IMF and others are now saying that we are likely to be facing the biggest depression ever seen, globally, and that means that desperate governments will be seeking distractions from failures at home, looking for people to blame for any kind of woes, mostly financial, and of course, all the big-hitting billionaires who sway governments and who have already lost lots of billions each and stand to lose a lot more will be seeking to find a good way to recoup their losses, and we all know how much money war makes . . . .

All the free money is being ripped out of stocks, bonds, notes and banks and is being converted into precious metals and stones. The only rising stocks are those of food stores (always a safe bet). The last things to increase in value will be shares in arms companies.

The indicators are there, the historical presidents back me up, the imperatives are there . . . . . .

If something big doesn't kick off soon, I'll be a bit surprised. I give until June 2010.

Any takers?

I agree with a lot of what you say but I think you may be a little OTT in suggesting a full blown WW3. Similar things were being muted in the '70s during my 9 years in the RAF, with China the main perceived threat at that time, but nothing came of it. China currently has trillions of dollars invested in US stocks so I don't see them wanting to be at war with the US.

Too many lives are being lost in the many conflicts already and Britain are overstretched, under equipped and realistically unable to take part in any other conflicts which may arise.

A lot of the problems are caused by countries, including Britain, having the temerity to tell Iran, N. Korea and others that they cannot have Nuclear capabilities whilst we can! How would we react if we were told by, say Japan, that we had to get rid of our nuclear capabilities and allow their inspectors full access to all of our installations?

just boarded up my windows and dug a bunker.

Best place i reckon is move to china.. no one hates them

except taiwan, N.Korea and not too friendly with Japan!!!

Stop reading the papers and watching the News!

Does your worry NO good. And....is it REALLY affecting YOUR life?

Just go out and enjoy the sunshine.

Life seems to have a habit of going on.

Once spent 3 weeks in Iceland, seeing hardly a soul, not knowing anything .(especially went to avoid the Chas + Di wedding!!)

Was lovely, just sky and grass and rivers (one of whom I drove a car off a bridge into.......glub, glub.!!)

It'll all pass away!

There won't be a WW3, instead there will be a single group to control the whole world, which has been in the making for a long long time. But i believe what Matts says is about right, it will get accerated around 2010. All these wars are just minor issues compared to what they have planned. I'm glad im alive now to enjoy life, but i feel sorry for the next generation of people and my grankids.

lol.....

Stop reading the papers and watching the News!

Does your worry NO good. And....is it REALLY affecting YOUR life?

You could say YES, it does affect my life......very much so, but thats not what i was aiming at....

it was a discussion point, i dont base my judgment on the news or papers, i think im in enough of a privileged position to have a grasp on world issues

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links