Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No More Clay Bar

dgman

hmm, sounds good. would white tac work the same, lol?!

is the composition of blu tac and a clay bar the same?? did it need more lubricant than a clay bar and what lubricant did you use??

it feels similar in composition if not quite as sticky,for lubrication i used by carlack shampoo and water.

Nice, I've been meaning to try this myself but I've never clayed before either so would have no frame of reference. In terms of the lubrication, how much shampoo do you mix with the water, is it just the same as if you were washing the car?

I might still try using actual clay one time just to give it a go but it's good news the blutack works just as well :)

Nice, I've been meaning to try this myself but I've never clayed before either so would have no frame of reference. In terms of the lubrication, how much shampoo do you mix with the water, is it just the same as if you were washing the car?

I might still try using actual clay one time just to give it a go but it's good news the blutack works just as well :)

don't waste your money with the clay,the feel and the result with the blue tac is the same.a ccouple of capfulls of shampoo with a litre of water in a spray bottle and a light rubbing motion and remoulding of the blue tac when dirty.

don't waste your money with the clay,the feel and the result with the blue tac is the same.a ccouple of capfulls of shampoo with a litre of water in a spray bottle and a light rubbing motion and remoulding of the blue tac when dirty.

Cheers, fair enough, guess I'll just go straight for the blutack then.......

More of a claying newbie question rather than blutack specific, but how much blutack do you actually use? And how many times generally can you use the same bit of clay/blutack before it needs to go in the bin (although with blutack less of an issue as it's a lot cheaper and may still be able to be used as blutack!)

Cheers, fair enough, guess I'll just go straight for the blutack then.......

More of a claying newbie question rather than blutack specific, but how much blutack do you actually use? And how many times generally can you use the same bit of clay/blutack before it needs to go in the bin (although with blutack less of an issue as it's a lot cheaper and may still be able to be used as blutack!)

use one sheet and mould it into a disc shape at about 60mm diameter , when that face is dirty flip it over and when that face is dirty just remould to reveal a fresh face until no more.

How spooky

I was bored this morning at my desk and was playing with a big clump of blu-tac and was just wondering if i would work the same as a clay bar... now my question has been answered.... will have to give it a go, only after I've used the last of my auto clay!

Im going to have to pull morph to pieces to try this.

3209875010_28ab993be1.jpg

Now I've reached 50 and the brain cells are declining I seem to remember watching Morph and Mindy but didn't think Morph looked like that! :whistling: Morph calling Orsen Nanu Nanu!

^^^

LOL Robin Williams.

But it was MORK and Mindy! not Morph!

MorkMindy.jpg

I remember watching repeats of that on channel 4 when i was younger.

I saw the original series it was in black and white!

Oh right Robin Williams the guy from Take That, he's changed a bit hasn't he!

^^^

LOL Robin Williams.

But it was MORK and Mindy! not Morph!

MorkMindy.jpg

I remember watching repeats of that on channel 4 when i was younger.

I saw the original series it was in black and white!

Oh right Robin Williams the guy from Take That, he's changed a bit hasn't he!

marks out of two,i'd give mindy one.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Must try this! :D Great idea, never heard of this.

@ steve2006 Mork and Mindy was never in Black and White I do not think. I knew I was old and saw the origional series as well, but never black and white.

Greig :D

• 2 weeks later...