Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where shall I start,

The 'driver' leather seat covering only, was replaced as it was 'sagging' ....

after i got the car back the heated/cooled seat worked fine but the passenger side heated seat only doesnt work ( the cooling system works as normal for the passenger side)

Lexus then replaced the parts of the heating elements on the passenger side however whenever i use it its takes atleast 10minutes to work...but sometimes i just think its my body heating it up because doesnt feel so where as good as the driver side.... where as on the driver side you can feel the heat within a 1min of starting, whereas the passenger side nothing...

lexus mentioned that they replaced the parts and it works however its not working as before, as before it used to heat up as fast as the driver side...but this doesnt seem to be a problem for them, they claim it works after a long period...and they admit its a longer period that the driver side but doesnt see it as a problem...but i do.

so my question, if someone can find out for me

In the morning, how long does your passenger seat take to warm up?

is the heating of the passenger seat related to waiting for the engine to warm up? cause even on cold mornings, flicking the heated seat on the driver side and it heats straightaway.

all fuses have been checked, ventilator works fine on both sides and the light on the switch works as normal. i.e red on head and blue on cooling

Where shall I start,

The 'driver' leather seat covering only, was replaced as it was 'sagging' ....

after i got the car back the heated/cooled seat worked fine but the passenger side heated seat only doesnt work ( the cooling system works as normal for the passenger side)

Lexus then replaced the parts of the heating elements on the passenger side however whenever i use it its takes atleast 10minutes to work...but sometimes i just think its my body heating it up because doesnt feel so where as good as the driver side.... where as on the driver side you can feel the heat within a 1min of starting, whereas the passenger side nothing...

lexus mentioned that they replaced the parts and it works however its not working as before, as before it used to heat up as fast as the driver side...but this doesnt seem to be a problem for them, they claim it works after a long period...and they admit its a longer period that the driver side but doesnt see it as a problem...but i do.

so my question, if someone can find out for me

In the morning, how long does your passenger seat take to warm up?

is the heating of the passenger seat related to waiting for the engine to warm up? cause even on cold mornings, flicking the heated seat on the driver side and it heats straightaway.

all fuses have been checked, ventilator works fine on both sides and the light on the switch works as normal. i.e red on head and blue on cooling

Does not sound right to me mate. My seats are up and running in 1 min if that. The heat though is not as good as in my VW Golf I had a few years back.

Thing is, they don't see this as a problem as it works but just takes longer (10mins is very long thou!!) althou they say its defo not right nothing else they can do..

obv I want it fixed asap so the car has not problems when it come to selling.

whats my options now if any?

any advice what to do or say?

Ovb this isnt right, and something has been missed out or gone wrong along the line yet they dont want to look into anymore as they are happy that it starts working after 10mins?

go and see the dealer and ask to sit in one or three of their cars and check it .if all of their cars are faster warm up than yours it naturally follows that your seay has a fault,it may be that lex gb are resisting because the seat bases are £000's.be persistant it usually pays.