Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brechin Slate Or Silver On Rx400h

I'm just about to order a new RX400h - there is not a huge choice of colours in the 'Limited Edition' version. Don't want black, so it's either silver or Brechin Slate. I understand the Brechin Slate is light blue, although the dealer couldn't show me one. How blue is it, - the colour on the website looks very pale blue.

Also wanted the grey leather interior rather than black (I have the grey on my current GS300) - but there isn't a single grey interior left apparently, unless I pay £2000 extra for the 'executive' limited edition, which doesn't seem worth it given the few extras you get (sunroof, memory seats, power opening tailgate).

My first RX was in Brechin Slate. Lovely colour IMHO and a bit different. The shade is not disimilar to the med-blue colour on these web pages infact, if only they were metallic.

Bonus is that the colour hides dirt and swirls well as it is neither dark or very light. Mine had the beige interior and it looked lovely. I don't think it would be good with black. Personally, I would pay the extra £2K and get the higher spec car, more choice, more goodies, and get a little more back for it at trade in time.

My first RX was in Brechin Slate. Lovely colour IMHO and a bit different. The shade is not disimilar to the med-blue colour on these web pages infact, if only they were metallic.

Bonus is that the colour hides dirt and swirls well as it is neither dark or very light. Mine had the beige interior and it looked lovely. I don't think it would be good with black. Personally, I would pay the extra £2K and get the higher spec car, more choice, more goodies, and get a little more back for it at trade in time.

I would pay the extra as well, got a 08 RX400h se-l with memory seats and powered tailgate. The powered tailgate comes in handy in supermarkets car parks and other areas where you are the envy of everyone when you remote operate it and people turn around trying to see whose car it is. :shifty:

dealer has just called to say all the grey leather interiors, even in the Exec model have now gone.

I can go for Brechin Slate with black leather in either the Exec or non exec models.

Still thinking over it - I have never used the memory seat settings in my GS300, but the sunroof and power tailgate sound good (an extra £2k though!).

dealer has just called to say all the grey leather interiors, even in the Exec model have now gone.

I can go for Brechin Slate with black leather in either the Exec or non exec models.

Still thinking over it - I have never used the memory seat settings in my GS300, but the sunroof and power tailgate sound good (an extra £2k though!).

How about you try a different dealer.

I think when you are buying a new car you should get what you want, and not settle for second choice.

Or just tell them you dont want it now and see what they come up with

How about you try a different dealer.

I think when you are buying a new car you should get what you want, and not settle for second choice.

Or just tell them you dont want it now and see what they come up with

I have tried 3 other dealers with no luck. All I get told is they have checked the Lexus on-line system and all the grey interiors have gone I'm not too keen on the beige either). I have also been told that there will be no more shipments from Japan for the RX400h as they are de-stocking in advance of the 450h launch. Whether this is all true, I have no idea.

I have the RX300 and have to say i think the best combination is the black leather with the silver and wood effect trim. Does the memory seats, sunroof and power tailgate not come as standard then ? as mine has got it and well worth having.

Stephen

The issue with a Lexus is that you expect it to be 'fully loaded' - anything less then come re-sale time and your chances will be seriously hurting - no matter the discount on buying now. These vehicles depreciate heavily, and if you have got one that lacks the desired options too, then you can imagine the challenge you will have come re-sale time.

Memory seats and power tailgate are almost essential, if nothing else than for the rare occasion that you share driving with someone else...plus its nice to have! I know if I were looking to buy then I would go for one that has all the toys than one that did not as there will always be choice on the sued car market.

Think very carefully what the £2k saving actually means for you today - as if you can afford to spend the best part of £30k - what is £2k saving?

Slightly :offtopic: but from those pics above, have they moved the centre console in the RX at some point? On the top pic the box in the middle is further back, on the bottom pic it's almost touching where the gear stick is...........

Slightly :offtopic: but from those pics above, have they moved the centre console in the RX at some point? On the top pic the box in the middle is further back, on the bottom pic it's almost touching where the gear stick is...........

Nothings changed, it slides.

The issue with a Lexus is that you expect it to be 'fully loaded' - anything less then come re-sale time and your chances will be seriously hurting - no matter the discount on buying now. These vehicles depreciate heavily, and if you have got one that lacks the desired options too, then you can imagine the challenge you will have come re-sale time.

Memory seats and power tailgate are almost essential, if nothing else than for the rare occasion that you share driving with someone else...plus its nice to have! I know if I were looking to buy then I would go for one that has all the toys than one that did not as there will always be choice on the sued car market.

Think very carefully what the £2k saving actually means for you today - as if you can afford to spend the best part of £30k - what is £2k saving?

I take your point about the resale value, but that doesn't apply so much if your trading in for another Lexus. I didn't go for the sunroof or a few other options on my GS300, but I still got a good deal for it.

Anyway, the dealer finally came up with a grey leather interior with wood (as predicted by some on here!) - which was what I was looking for. It's on the LE model, not the Exec LE model, but I'm happy with that, and I'll worry about the trade in value in a few years time! I also managed to get him to throw in the metallic paint and wood options for no extra cost (an additional £1100 saving) so I'm quite pleased all in all. Delivery in 10 days :yahoo:

I take your point about the resale value, but that doesn't apply so much if your trading in...I'll worry about the trade in value in a few years time!

Clearly if you p/x your car than selling it Privately then yes, the difference is reduced. I was merely talking from the POV that I thought you would be selling it yourself. Trading it in you can make up any difference if thats how you go about doing things, and TBF your decision to save now and save s'more makes sense for your particular style of buying/selling cars.

I can never afford to buy something like this new - so am a dedicated Used Car Buyer :)

Glad you got what you wanted, do post up some pictures when you get it!

Just ordered Brechin Slate with Oxford (Beige) from Lexus, Leicester, One of the last ones available in EX LTD with Sunroof, power door, memory seats. on the DEAL with servicing. Very happy with deal. Can not wait until delivery!