Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Kit For Is220d

Steve-L

What headlight bulbs does the IS220d use? You just need to get a kit that uses that bulb fitment, you don't need to worry about searching by car.

@Gord: Yep for some reason only the SE-L (and Sport previously) come with HIDs which was very silly imho.........

What headlight bulbs does the IS220d use? You just need to get a kit that uses that bulb fitment, you don't need to worry about searching by car.

Does anyone on this site who has an IS220D SE know the bulb fitment ?

I do not own a Lexus yet so have no idea of the fitment but if I go for the SE model I wanted to find out if I can upgrade the lights.

Im also about to buy HID lamps :D (without the kit though, just a plug and play solution)

the bulbs for my IS250 are H11 55W, however I can't garuntee its the same for yours (they could have possibly changed the spec over the years? im really not sure tbh).

Im looking at these bulbs: http://www.hids4u.co.uk/product.php?productid=137&cat=50

• 11 months later...

I bought and fitted a set for my 220d last week from HIDS4U ... the ultimate set may seem a little pricey but it's well made and hasn't caused any problems with any bulb monitoring that the car may have ... I bought H11 bulbs 6000k and it probably took about an hour to fit them ... If you buy from HIDS4U then it's worth looking on the net for a discount code ... I used "Toyota One" and saved £40 off the advertised price :lol:

I bought and fitted a set for my 220d last week from HIDS4U ... the ultimate set may seem a little pricey but it's well made and hasn't caused any problems with any bulb monitoring that the car may have ... I bought H11 bulbs 6000k and it probably took about an hour to fit them ... If you buy from HIDS4U then it's worth looking on the net for a discount code ... I used "Toyota One" and saved £40 off the advertised price :lol:

Hi, I recently tried to get the well known high street store to fit lamp upgrades, although they said it was too difficult to access to remove the stock lamps. Can you give me an idea of what to remove etc to enable me to attempt the upgrade myself!!

Cheers

Hi, I recently tried to get the well known high street store to fit lamp upgrades, although they said it was too difficult to access to remove the stock lamps. Can you give me an idea of what to remove etc to enable me to attempt the upgrade myself!!

Cheers

Fairly simple to do ... it only took me about an hour to do both sides and I'm not mechanically minded :)

Start off by removing the 3 plastic engine covers by popping off the plastic clips. Access to the drivers side light is probably made easier by removing the air filter box which should be held down by 2 10mm bolts, once the air filter box is out of the way just pop off the plastic cover for the dipped beam and the bulb can be twisted out ... Instructions with the HIDs should cover the required connections for the new bulbs.

Access to the passenger side light is slightly easier, you just have to remove the 10mm bolt holding in the plastic tube for the washer bottle and once the tube is bent out of the way you'll be able to get at the bulb cover.

A little patience is required when putting the new bulbs in as it is a bit fiddly !!

Finding a suitable place to put the ballast units is awkward as there isn't much spare space around the headlights but I managed to put mine next to the air filter box and one next to the fuse box, secured with velcro tape and cable ties (not very professional but it has done the job and they don't move at all)

Hope that helps ...

Cheers

Fairly simple to do ... it only took me about an hour to do both sides and I'm not mechanically minded :)

Start off by removing the 3 plastic engine covers by popping off the plastic clips. Access to the drivers side light is probably made easier by removing the air filter box which should be held down by 2 10mm bolts, once the air filter box is out of the way just pop off the plastic cover for the dipped beam and the bulb can be twisted out ... Instructions with the HIDs should cover the required connections for the new bulbs.

Access to the passenger side light is slightly easier, you just have to remove the 10mm bolt holding in the plastic tube for the washer bottle and once the tube is bent out of the way you'll be able to get at the bulb cover.

A little patience is required when putting the new bulbs in as it is a bit fiddly !!

Finding a suitable place to put the ballast units is awkward as there isn't much spare space around the headlights but I managed to put mine next to the air filter box and one next to the fuse box, secured with velcro tape and cable ties (not very professional but it has done the job and they don't move at all)

Hope that helps ...

Thx for this, was very helpful, will give it a go, as lexus would charge for at least an hours labour, just to change a bulb lol!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just for info i just had my 07 IS220 done by a company. They came to my home address and installed with great care.

It cost me £119.99 fitting included. Great good would recommed to anyone! Have a look: www.hid-kits.co.uk

Let me know if you convert.

Hi All,

I had been contemplating HID’s for a while, I called the Lexus Dealer in Woodford who wanted just over £1,000 for HID lights to be retro fitted to my IS220d 2006 SE.

Any way I stumbled across this company on yell they have a web site hid-kits.co.uk

Called them up they were very professional got an email confirmation of my appointment, and received a text on the day + plus a call.

He installed cambus ballast ( this I believe prevents any warning light errors) 35w with 6000k blubs the most you can have legally. He does others but that what I requested, took him 45mins. Came to my house Total Cost £89.95 for the Kit fitted & £25 for the cancellers if required.

I was really impressed & happy with them so much so that I asked him to do the fog lights also, hence he is on the floor checking if he could do them without replacing the bumper.

post-28643-127387282562.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

As a matter of interest, should you not then get the headlights realigned once you have fitted the HID kits, as the focal lengths of the new bulbs surely would be different?

Just a thought for those who are contemplating this mod, as I once failed an MOT after I had fitted replacement High Intensity lamps into the vehicle as both headlights were way out of alignment when they checked the beams!

• 2 weeks later...