Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Steering Wheel Wobble

hi just a quick update on a problem i posted a few weeks ago

ever since changing my alloys 4 months ago i have had a constant problem with a wobble through my steering must have balanced wheels a dozen times,replaced calipers,balljoints but no difference

so then deceiced it must be the alloys so bought another new set but still the same only thing i had not done was replace the tyres that came with the first set of new wheels khumo sports

i then bought 4 new dunlop sports,wheel balanced again but to my disbelief no difference

anyway the other day i was taking a look through eBay and seen for sale aluminum spigot rings sent an email with my sizes posted a few days later fitted them yesterday and to my delight car is perfect no wobble or vibrations all in i think i've spent £1000 trying to sort this but right now i just pleased i can now enjoy driving the car

maybe if anyone else is having the same problems this could be worth a try cost £27 all in

Item number: 290302478524

hi check yo discs. normally when you brake it wobbles.you myt think there are ok but not.just place yo hand n feel if there are ridges or ripples.if there are thats e calprit. im a mechanic.

hi check yo discs. normally when you brake it wobbles.you myt think there are ok but not.just place yo hand n feel if there are ridges or ripples.if there are thats e calprit. im a mechanic.

If you read the entire of what alan has said you will see that the problem was down to the wheel spiggots...

• 3 weeks later...
hi just a quick update on a problem i posted a few weeks ago

ever since changing my alloys 4 months ago i have had a constant problem with a wobble through my steering must have balanced wheels a dozen times,replaced calipers,balljoints but no difference

so then deceiced it must be the alloys so bought another new set but still the same only thing i had not done was replace the tyres that came with the first set of new wheels khumo sports

i then bought 4 new dunlop sports,wheel balanced again but to my disbelief no difference

anyway the other day i was taking a look through ebay and seen for sale aluminum spigot rings sent an email with my sizes posted a few days later fitted them yesterday and to my delight car is perfect no wobble or vibrations all in i think i've spent £1000 trying to sort this but right now i just pleased i can now enjoy driving the car

maybe if anyone else is having the same problems this could be worth a try cost £27 all in

Item number: 290302478524

Well ive had a wobble under braking.. (not really sure if theres a slight one when driving as its been so long since i had a car without it) and have never found a solution... have changed what was said to be a stuck caliper.. changed discs and pads... changed wheels.. and tyres.. and still the same.. told the bearings are fine so im at a loss... will try these though was hoping you can tell me if your wobble was there all the time or mostly under braking...? what is also strange for me is that when i replace the wheels having had them off... it drives fine for maybe 50-100km... and then the problem comes back... its like something moves or that.. any thoughts??

Cheers..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links