Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vehicle Inspection/air Con

Right i've found an is200 I like and i'm going back tomorrow to have a test drive and talk to the dealer (he wasn't there today so I just got to take a look inside play with the electrics, etc) this is the car:

Clicky

The car only has part service history so i'm going to get a vehicle inspection done by Dekra before buying, there are two choices though a basic and a comprehensive, the only this i'm interested on in the comprehensive though is the air con check but as it costs an additional £80 to get it done is there any way I can check the aircon over myself?

Also how low do you think I would be able to reasonably talk him down to? I'm looking to spend as close to £4k as possible.

Thanks ppl :D

Right i've found an is200 I like and i'm going back tomorrow to have a test drive and talk to the dealer (he wasn't there today so I just got to take a look inside play with the electrics, etc) this is the car:

Clicky

The car only has part service history so i'm going to get a vehicle inspection done by Dekra before buying, there are two choices though a basic and a comprehensive, the only this i'm interested on in the comprehensive though is the air con check but as it costs an additional £80 to get it done is there any way I can check the aircon over myself?

Also how low do you think I would be able to reasonably talk him down to? I'm looking to spend as close to £4k as possible.

Thanks ppl :D

Hi test the air con yourself, by turning it on, if getting cold its working.

With car dealers you have to be hard as they are, if he wanting £4999, say, i will take it off your hands for £4000, keep looking at his face at this point, at 1st dont show your cards by telling him you having it inspected, as this will let him know that you are very interested as you are going to be spending money, you tell him the inspection bit after you sort the price.

As the vehicle is over 6 years old and has covered 61,000 miles you need to check if the cam belt has been changed. I doubt the Dekra inspection will check the condition of the belt but if it hasn't been changed then you are talking about a bill of £300 - £400 to have it done by a Lexus dealer.

As the vehicle is over 6 years old and has covered 61,000 miles you need to check if the cam belt has been changed. I doubt the Dekra inspection will check the condition of the belt but if it hasn't been changed then you are talking about a bill of £300 - £400 to have it done by a Lexus dealer.

Cheers mate, already got it on my list of things to check, I hope it has though but as it only has part service history and only just 60k I don't think it will.

I'm also looking to px my 306 aswell so we'll see how it goes, I really like the car but if I can't get it for the right price i'm happy to walk away and keep looking so i'm in a good position really.

if I can't get it for the right price i'm happy to walk away and keep looking so i'm in a good position really.

Thats the most important thing to bear in mind..... remember it's a buyers market just now!!

Nice looking motor by the way.

Had a look and the car didn't have cam change or any service history in the last 25k and the guy wasn't willing to budge on price so I walked away, on the plus side though I got to drive my first IS200 :D

Back to the search though :(