Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Head Gascket

shoops

CAN ANYBODY HELP I HAVE A LEXUS IS200 SPORT 2002 REG AND HAVE JUST BEEN TOLD I NEED TO REPLACE MY HEAD GASCKET ANY IDEA'S ON PRICE AND GOOD MECHANICS WITHIN LEICESTERSHIRE REGION.

THANKS ANY HELP APPRECIATED JUST WANNA GET MY BABY BACK ON THE ROAD.

CHEERS

Welcome to LOC mate,

Firstly, WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING? Turn off your CAPS LOCK!

How have you come to the conclusion that you need a new head gasket? Is the engine overheating? Is the oil/water mixing?

It might work out cheaper/better to get another engine from a crashed IS200.

the oil and water in mixing and occasionally the engine is over heating. the water from the raidator is dissipating quickly but there is no leaks in te radiator. any suggestions as to where i could get a new engine from and how much it may cost thanks.

Its all swings and roundabouts as far as "Change Engine" and "Do head Gasket" jobs go. I have just been through the same process (head gasket gone on my GS300) and weighed up fixing the car, getting another one and scrapping mine etc etc. In the end, you can stick a second hand engine in and the head gasket goes 1000 miles later and you have the whole expense again. I opted to get her fixed in the end. Cost £600 all in for mine so might be a similar price for the IS - still a 6 cylinder straight six - from an independent garage (lexus quoted £1100'ish). Labour to do an engine swap is still not cheap, so you pays your money and takes your choice.

thanks for the advise mate. i presume it would be a similar head gascket due to the straight v6 cylinder engine. do u recommend anyone good for the job.

As you are in Loughborough, I have used West End Motors to good effect on many occasions. They are on the Cumberland Road industrial estate. Charlesworth Motors in Glossop did my head gasket job.

the oil and water in mixing and occasionally the engine is over heating. the water from the raidator is dissipating quickly but there is no leaks in te radiator. any suggestions as to where i could get a new engine from and how much it may cost thanks.

I have an engine for sale!

PM me your offer if you want it.

Its currently in Wolverhampton,

Stav

• 2 weeks later...

£650 for the head gasket to be done

KENT PREFORMANCE IN GILLINGHAM

01634 360693

a long way but well worth it

just had mine done there and got it back in just over a week, not bad considering the head was away for 4 days being worked on

also advisable to get the timing belt changed while most of the engine is out.