Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is200

clive34

Hi all

im hoping someone can help me here.I have an Lexus IS200 on a 52 plate and she has started to make a noise when parking under braking,as soon as i turn the wheel and brake to park the car i hear a noise that sounds like springs bending.Its only just started to happen shes done 78000 and its only in the last two weeks that this noise has appeared.

Clive.

• 1 month later...

Lots of people have this problem including me, some say it's the brake pads moving and thats were the clunking comes from.

Ive booked mine into the garage tomorrow to have this looked at.

Ive replaced the droplink and had the steeringrack bushes replaced and the clunking when braking and turning slow still happens.

My noise is coming drivers side only. Which side do you have the problem ?

Could either be one of the following .....

1.Brake pads moving in the caliper housing ( could be a broken retaining spring clip )...also while you are looking and have an idea on how to take your pads out put some more copper slip on the back of the pads...

OR

2.Lower ball joint...

• 1 year later...

Could either be one of the following .....

1.Brake pads moving in the caliper housing ( could be a broken retaining spring clip )...also while you are looking and have an idea on how to take your pads out put some more copper slip on the back of the pads...

OR

2.Lower ball joint...

I had/have same thing for 2 months now (you can find my old post on this), I booked in at TOYOTA B'ham month ago, and they didn't find anything wrong. Paid for an hour as well.

so I am not going to do anything till the discs or pads need replacing.

Felix

I booked in at TOYOTA B'ham month ago, and they didn't find anything wrong. Paid for an hour as well.

Slightly off topic but I'm always surprised when I read stuff like this, because I've sent my car in for stuff to be inspected quite a few times (including once just a few weeks ago) and they've never charged me for looking at it - is my dealer one of the few then that doesn't charge for this sort of thing?

I booked in at TOYOTA B'ham month ago, and they didn't find anything wrong. Paid for an hour as well.

Slightly off topic but I'm always surprised when I read stuff like this, because I've sent my car in for stuff to be inspected quite a few times (including once just a few weeks ago) and they've never charged me for looking at it - is my dealer one of the few then that doesn't charge for this sort of thing?

I don't know how you do it, every time I need to get them to inspect any issue, they (B'ham Lex/Toyota) always give me an estimated time it takes and charges.

You are very lucky to have a good Local franchisee dealer.

Felix