Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Wheel Refurb Update :-)

aztecbandit1

A few of you know that i was playing with a set of oem IS alloys a bit back? :whistling:

And over the past couple of weeks i've been having a go at metal polishing which i've only ever done before with my dremil, So thought i'd move on to something a bit bigger, so now using a 240v drill kit with proper polishing pads and pastes :)

The alloys looked quite good before but the edges to me were a bit crap, so had another go at the edges with the drill kit and i'm now quite happy with how they have come out :D

Not sure what to do with them now though?? :lol:

Some pics:>

This is them before:>

2008_0905Wheelpics0010.jpg

lexalloyblackspray.jpg

Now with better polished rims:>

DSCF1622_edited.jpg

DSCF1626_edited.jpg

DSCF1652.jpg

DSCF1642.jpg

What do you think of them now??

Been polishing anything i can find the past week and even started a rear brake caliper, :duh: but think thats probably going a bit far??

not sure having polished brake calipers on my lex will go very well?? :lol:

Could do with a supercharger to have a go at now :lol:

That looks amazing mate, awesome job! :D

Is that hard/expensive to do? I've got my old set of 17s in the garage that I've been meaning to sell for ages but could tidy them up a bit before doing so if it's not too much trouble :whistling:

(I don't think I have the skills to get them looking that good though :crybaby: )

Cheers for the comments Guys :D not sure what to do with them now though, was quite tempted to stick them back on my lex for a bit to see how they hold up? There not perfect and still not sure on the black so might try anthracite on the next set :)

Neil, still got another set to do, so you never know mate :winky:

@ Aaron its just boredom mate, so will have a go at anything :lol: the calipers do look quite promising but are going to need a lot more work due to the casting marks :wacko:

@ Parthiban, its not too hard to do mate, but depends on how far you want to go with the set you have? you can rub them down, prime and respray pretty easy :)

My other half has just said i should do more of them? but i'm sure she just wants me to move into my shed :blink::lol:

@ Aaron its just boredom mate, so will have a go at anything :lol: the calipers do look quite promising but are going to need a lot more work due to the casting marks :wacko:

well when you get them looking to your high standard :winky: and you fancy doing mine let us know and ill sort you out mate :D

depends on how far you want to go with the set you have? you can rub them down, prime and respray pretty easy :)

I don't want to do much, they're pretty much perfect except some marks round the edge (like the pic of the wheel you posted first)

I'd quite like to clean up the edge and get them polished up like you have - is that hard to do? And what bits would I need to do it?

well when you get them looking to your high standard :winky: and you fancy doing mine let us know and ill sort you out mate :D

Here one of the calipers after about 5mins of polishing mate :unsure:

Before>

DSCF1595.jpg

After>

DSCF1665_edited.jpg

Going to need quite a bit of rubbing down to get them shiny?

:)

Here one of the calipers after about 5mins of polishing mate :unsure:

Before>

DSCF1595.jpg

After>

DSCF1665_edited.jpg

Going to need quite a bit of rubbing down to get them shiny?

:)

should take about 10mins then mate :lol: ,they'll be so bling

seriously though if you had the time available and are bored sometime :whistling:

how are you doing it

I'm needing some pipe work for the supercharger polished mate !!!

How about it ????

The wheels look better than words can describe.

Think you should just sell them on and make some ££££££££.

More money for mods LOL

How about it ????

More money for mods LOL

Wish you lived closer matey, so i could pop round and get polishing :D

Was quite suprised how easy it is to polish bits up using the right stuff ;)

How about it ????

More money for mods LOL

Wish you lived closer matey, so i could pop round and get polishing :D

Was quite suprised how easy it is to polish bits up using the right stuff ;)

You could pop round anytime you are board mate.

Its not that to long of a drive if you are board and have not much to do !!!!!!!

Have thought about that mate, but there are a load of tutorials online and most of the kit you can buy on eBay like this basic kit which i have CLICK ME!

and one of the sites i looked at for the information on polishing is HERE!

If you get the kit off eBay, you get the instructions on the different pastes and how to do use them :)

I do have an old celica alloy in the shed that i could polish up and take a few pic's though so might do a quick one :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links