Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clutch- More Money

clutch is on its way out on my 2000 is. car revs up and doesnt have proper acceleration.

and getting smell of burning clutch!! :crybaby:

should i go for lexus clutch kit or an upgraded clutch??

any suggestions? prices and brands?

where to buy also in ireland if possible!

thanks for any help

Check Toyota/Lexus for their price (and join as a Gold member on LOC to potentially get a discount from them), also check at a motor factors for prices on an ADL Blueprint clutch.

Be careful because another LOC member ended up with a damaged flywheel too from his knackered clutch, so try not to drive it if you can avoid it.

you have to get your clutch fitted asap mate before it damages your flywheel.

i would recomend helix racing clutch but it really depends on how much you want to spend? or if you doing future mods like turbo or supercharger.

I need a new clutch so i called Lexus cardiff today and they want £250 for the clutch which i thought is not that bad and my mate will charge me £120 to fit it. i like to try and get Lexus parts for big jobs like this

Get one off eBay mate like was mentioned, you'll save a good few quid !

I got one off eBay a few months back, exedy full clutch kit £152.95 + £22 p&p .... bargain ! It will work out at approx €190 to your door :)

Heres the item number 310125686727, great seller :)

excedy clutch....not a clutch you would want for daily use.

Whats the reason? Is excedy not a good clutch? I'm expecting to replace my clutch in the near future, but as yet not had any problem (touch wood) and i accerate very slowly, just my driving style, never in a rush, leave plenty of time to spare etc. What clutch is suitable for everyday driving would you recommend (p.s. i have induction kit, but shouldn't be much difference).