Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Map Light Bulbs/leds

ok, so the map light take a BA9 bulb as far as I can see. There don't appear to be a lot of LEDs to fit this on eBay though, unless I'm not looking properly (maybe there's another designation for it too ?).

Anyone have any recommendations for what sort of LED works well for this, i.e. so that you can still use the light to read maps without it being blinding for the driver ?

i searched for ba9 when i got mine, im trying to think of the website, illuminations or summat like that, sorry thats no help what so ever

What sort did you get ? I've seen some "bulbs" with 3 SMT LEDs in, I'm wondering what sort will give a good balance between being bright enough to read maps without being dazzling.

Was it autolumination.com ?

ok, looking on eBay for 1895 (thanks Aztec !), this looks interesting, think I'll measure up and see if it will fit (it comes with the necessary bayonet connector) :

6hp1.jpg

I had one of these and it is quite bright, but i blew it up messing with it :whistling: so will have to buy another one sometime, and its a shame they dont do it in blue to match my centre light? :)

Think I will order one of these, looks like there's plenty of room in there.

How on earth do you get the cover off to get inside though ? I found the dome light cover easy to remove, perhaps because it's bigger and more flexible ? Is it possible to just take off the clear light cover for the map light, or do you need to remove the whole of the plastic surround (which goes around the sunroof switches too) ?

Think I will order one of these, looks like there's plenty of room in there.

How on earth do you get the cover off to get inside though ? I found the dome light cover easy to remove, perhaps because it's bigger and more flexible ? Is it possible to just take off the clear light cover for the map light, or do you need to remove the whole of the plastic surround (which goes around the sunroof switches too) ?

You have to pop the surround off to get to the bulb Stevie, Walkthrough Here! :)

Yep you have to pull down the surround for the sunroof controls/map light - make sure not to press on the cover for the light as you pull down as this may snap where the two are joined together.

could some one post a pic up so i know how it looks as im thinking to do it

thanks

You mean of a map light with LEDs in it ? I'll post one up at mine once I get the LEDs and put them in - I imagine that'll take several days until they get here though.

I did post up a pic of my dome (central) light with LEDs in though, with a pic of the regular light to compare it to, in another thread.