Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Who To Visit To Get My Alloys Fitted & Balanced?

Jackdaniels

I had mine done recently for £10 a corner at Protyre in Enfield (if that's not too far from you) - I don't really trust Kwik Fit in the first place anyway.

Or you could go up to WIM if they're not too much of a drive :)

I had mine done recently for £10 a corner at Protyre in Enfield (if that's not too far from you) - I don't really trust Kwik Fit in the first place anyway.

Or you could go up to WIM if they're not too much of a drive :)

If you are having tyres fitted to expensive alloy rims, especially low profile, I would only go to a company using a similar non contact machine to "The Boss" used at WIM.

The alloys already have tyres on i am just getting them fitted and balanced so should be ok. Will probably be going to Protyre enfield on saturday. Got a quote of £42 to get them fitted.

Quick question though will i need new set of wheel nuts and should i get some locking wheel nuts as well?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...amp;mfe=sidebar

Thanks for the advice.

The alloys already have tyres on i am just getting them fitted and balanced so should be ok. Will probably be going to Protyre enfield on saturday. Got a quote of £42 to get them fitted.

Quick question though will i need new set of wheel nuts and should i get some locking wheel nuts as well?

Thanks for the advice.

I don't know exactly what will fit your alloys (e.g. whether they need specific wheel nuts), but as far as I can tell those McGard ones you've linked to on eBay are not the right ones. I've seen other people here on LOC say they've used them on the IS200, and whilst they will physically fit the OEM alloys, they're a different shape from the OEM wheel nuts, so I don't think they're right at all. The 21156 McGard nuts are a very close match for the OEM wheel nuts, and that's what I've got on mine.

As I say though, you'll need to check what will fit your alloys as well as fitting onto the OEM stud.

Hang on, so the tyres are already on the alloys? All they need to do is balance and then put them on the car? £42 sounds a bit steep then, the £40 I mentioned was for them to take off the old tyres, put on the new ones with new valves and then balance and fit.

I'd ask them if they can do it a bit cheaper than that (did they know the tyres are already on the wheels?)

The guys at Protyre are pretty decent though, other than WIM only place I know I can trust to not damage my wheels :)

Thanks for the advice.

I don't know exactly what will fit your alloys (e.g. whether they need specific wheel nuts), but as far as I can tell those McGard ones you've linked to on eBay are not the right ones. I've seen other people here on LOC say they've used them on the IS200, and whilst they will physically fit the OEM alloys, they're a different shape from the OEM wheel nuts, so I don't think they're right at all. The 21156 McGard nuts are a very close match for the OEM wheel nuts, and that's what I've got on mine.

As I say though, you'll need to check what will fit your alloys as well as fitting onto the OEM stud.

Thanks for all the info. Will fit them first and then find out which nuts will fit when im at Protyre