Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

E-mail From My Dealer Via Lexus Marketing Centre

Just received an email from my local dealer which looks like it is actually sent from Lexus Marketing.

They are offering me a free oil and filter change and 15 months extended warranty for the price of 12.

The email part about the free oil and filter change actually relates to my old IS300 that I traded in a while ago (the service & mot for it would have been due last month I think). It is restricted to cars with the registration number listed in the email.

The extended warranty offer just says:

Call 0844 871 7753 and quote ‘LLCM02’ to purchase your extended warranty by phone. Terms and conditions apply.

Just received an email from my local dealer which looks like it is actually sent from Lexus Marketing.

They are offering me a free oil and filter change and 15 months extended warranty for the price of 12.

The email part about the free oil and filter change actually relates to my old IS300 that I traded in a while ago (the service & mot for it would have been due last month I think). It is restricted to cars with the registration number listed in the email.

The extended warranty offer just says:

Call 0844 871 7753 and quote 'LLCM02' to purchase your extended warranty by phone. Terms and conditions apply.

So have I - from Lexus Derby

i also received the said offers,the oil and filter change does not mean a service but is redeemable against the cost of a service @£100 value,a good deal as long as they don't raise the service price before hand.

where there's a scheme, there's a schemer.

i also received the said offers,the oil and filter change does not mean a service but is redeemable against the cost of a service @£100 value,a good deal as long as they don't raise the service price before hand.

where there's a scheme, there's a schemer.

I got a flyer in the post offering me 10% off Lexus Motor insurance, 15 months for the price of 12 RAC cover, 10% discount on accessories, Lexus travel pack (fire extinguisher, reflective jacket, first aid kit, warning triangle and bulb kit) for £65.68 - not cheap really and finally 15 months extended warranty for the price of 12.

My local Lexus centre knew nothing about the warranty offer and apparantly you must book this centrally, not via dealer network. I am going to take up this offer even though it means cancelling the extended warranty I just brought three weeks ago. They tell me as I took it out less than 30 days ago there will be no cancellation charge, so for 25% extra free I'd be mad not to change it.

Apparently these offers are available to owners who have not used their dealer for 14 months or more to try to get them back into the "dealership" system. I have complained that this penalises loyal Lexus customers and I am waiting for Lexus Marketing to respond.......this was after requesting a "call back" from them which I was told was not possible. Shortly afterwards they requested my contact number in order that they could investigate and call me back!!!!!

IF they call back I will keep you informed as to the outcome.

Apparently these offers are available to owners who have not used their dealer for 14 months or more to try to get them back into the "dealership" system. I have complained that this penalises loyal Lexus customers and I am waiting for Lexus Marketing to respond.......this was after requesting a "call back" from them which I was told was not possible. Shortly afterwards they requested my contact number in order that they could investigate and call me back!!!!!

Yeah, I've been loyal to Lexus maintenance since I bought my car, so I want £100 off my next service too :)

Yeah, I've been loyal to Lexus maintenance since I bought my car, so I want £100 off my next service too :)

I want the extra 3 months if I buy an extended warranty too!

well in my experience, it's a don't ask don't get world.

btw,the coventry dealer that that told me about the £100 redemption for the oil and filter change quoted £600 for a 60k service.clearly i won't be getting that service done at coventry.

The call back which I was promised didn't materialise so I contacted them again just now (it isn't actually Lexus on the number given) Details have apparently been forwarded to the relevant Lexus marketing dept. who should be contacting me. I was also told that the ref to quote of LLCMO2 is a unique code which is different on each mailing.