Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Google Maps

simon k

any body seen google maps new feature?

just typed in my street name and it brings up a picture of my street at road level you can zoom all the way into my living room as the curtains are open,

i believe they have been driving up every street in the uk and you get a 360 degree view.

just go on google maps type in your street and zoom in theres a figure of a man above the zoom in button just drag this over your house

was on this a while ago..

can see my house and car on the drive.. i heard they had obscured al number plates out.. thankfully mine is but the neighbours is in full view!

@simon k - nice houses!!

i heard they had obscured al number plates out.. thankfully mine is but the neighbours is in full view!

and peoples faces theres a bloke on a mobility scooter around my area and hes on the pics looking very spooky :o

maybe thats what he looks like!! :ohmy:

I played about with this in America a while back, didn't realise it was up and running over here now as well. It is brilliant, so useful if you're going somewhere new as you can check the landmarks and what the place you're going to looks like to make it easier to find :)

Yeah they've done most of the US already, this is the future of Navigation actually seeing land marks and objects helping you along your way.

Also lets you scope out a place if you want to move there, go on holiday etc etc, blooooomin amazing

Also if you want to know where has been done zoom out so you can see the whole of the UK then click and drag on the steet view icon which is just above the zoom in and out buttons, drag in onto the map and it will show you outlined in blue where has been done.

its a bit out of date for my street lol they still have the forsale sign up out side my old house and my car in the drive my guess is its about 5months out of date for my road

still cool though

Unfortunately its not one of those things they can up date that often lol

The big question is, who's going to be the first to spot a Lex on there. Or even better, one of our own Lexes ?

My wheelie bin is on the drive. Does that count? :o

PS: that means the picture was taken on a Monday.