Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheels In Motion

Well it's been a strange day today, firstly I got a phone call at 8.15 this morning about a family member (they're ok though) so that held me up leaving, but the drive down was amazing, no traffic at all and the sun was shining. Made it down there in 3 hours.

Tony got to work on the car, amazing to see how quickly he does his magic. ALso I was amazed at the quality of the display on that laser alignment machine, the user interface was like something off Star Trek!

I was all done in an hour, so got on the road, but something didn't feel quite right, the car was pulling to the left a touch, and somehow felt a bit off over bumps. So I went back to WIM with the car, and they swapped my tyres round to eliminate that as a problem. Being not very knowledgeable I wasn't expecting it to make any difference but it changed everything! The pulling to the left is gone and the car feels spot on now. There might be a small balance issue as the wheel now shakes a tiny bit, but I'm getting new alloys fitted soon anyway so will sort it then.

Only downside was getting away a bit later after that and hitting all the Friday traffic, plus my @%^"% key snapped when I left WIM for the second time, fair do's to WIM they tried to fix it for me with some glue and a bit of tape, but it broke again at the motorway services and I had to start the car with the blade and a pair of pliars :(

Many thanks to Tony and WIM, great job and my car is now spot on to drive, for the first time since I got it in June :)

It’s about 20,000 miles since Tony worked his magic, so I’ve been WIM’d for a second time today. The major reason for the visit was that I’d got a bit of uneven tyre wear when I put new rubber on the front a few weeks ago, only very slightly, but the front nearside was noticeably more worn on the outside edge – not your usual IS problem. It only took Tony 25 minutes to have a look, explain what was going on and get everything sorted.

The new WIM centre is certainly impressive and there was lots of preparation going on for tomorrow’s Ferrari meet. If anyone’s going down, don’t mention the Mustang to Tony……..

i was down there to today around 9:30am ..i arrived the same time as the mustang guy but Tony started his car first, as i needed a steering arm fitted too......after a long wait & abt 3hrs later, the mustang came off the geo' lift and mine went on.

...what made me laugh was the mustang guy kept takin Sh*t loads of pics of his car....(was a nice car though), but a bit OTT i think.

I was there at 2, just as Tony was finishing an MX5 and putting the Mustang on the ramp for another go at getting it set. Tony did mention that the guy kept changing his mind.

Thanks for the feedback Paradroid.... when you called and said there was a pull to the left i knew it couldn't be the chassis since we had a stagger to the right.

Often the issue is the new contact patch the car makes on the tyres and as you experienced it's an easy fix by moving the tyres :)

As for the Mustang!!! the owner was a proper muppet!!.... First up i measured the chassis and it needed correcting back to stock. This involves stripping down the suspension and fitting shims, once done he then said their forum recommends other settings, so i stripped the suspension down again a refitted the shims, once done he then said they have revised settings from the states so could i set the chassis to that :megaangry: .... so i stripped the suspension down again only to find the chassis was unable to hit the desired settings and i had to revert to the settings i had in the second place :tsktsk: ...... I was not best pleased.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links