Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have just bought a gs registered in jan 2008, it is the new model but when i put it into reverse i cannot get park assist or the guide lines on. I have been told that on that model they did not put them on. can anyone tell me if this is true and if so can i have a system installed that will use them as im sure it can only be software.

Nedsram, I have the same car as you (what a fantastic drive !) and I have the features you say you are misssing. I'm overseas at the moment so cannot check exactly whether this is right but I do know that there is a soft button on the reversing screen (bottom left if I remember correctly) that toggles through I think 4 options for which lines show when you select reverse.

Bob G

Having seen this point raised before, when I was talking to a Lexus dealer the other day I asked him about the absence of the feature on some cars. In case this was an example of the dreaded cost cutting that some car manufacturers engage in from time to time - usually when there struggling to make money, case in point being MG Rover before their demise.

He expalined that there were some cars that came from Japan as mis-builds in January 2008. One of his customers had such a car and they offered him compensation for the missing lines.

Personally, I like them but then I think thats more because I like to play with any gadgets rather than for there importance, and having had them on my car to begin with I would be dissapointed having a subsquent car without them.

However if they weren't on there in the first place I dont think it would bother me, as using just the camera image and door mirrors which tip down enable the car to be parked perfectly anyway.

Regards

Keith

• 1 month later...
Having seen this point raised before, when I was talking to a Lexus dealer the other day I asked him about the absence of the feature on some cars. In case this was an example of the dreaded cost cutting that some car manufacturers engage in from time to time - usually when there struggling to make money, case in point being MG Rover before their demise.

He expalined that there were some cars that came from Japan as mis-builds in January 2008. One of his customers had such a car and they offered him compensation for the missing lines.

Personally, I like them but then I think thats more because I like to play with any gadgets rather than for there importance, and having had them on my car to begin with I would be dissapointed having a subsquent car without them.

However if they weren't on there in the first place I dont think it would bother me, as using just the camera image and door mirrors which tip down enable the car to be parked perfectly anyway.

Regards

Keith

Just sold the 250 SE-L which had them and purchased 2008 450h SE-L which has the problem - Dealer said same thing that Keith said, a few came over without the system fitted and it's not possible to re-program. Have driven it for a week now and got used to it, no problem. The rocket ship performance outweighs a minor omission.... I wouldn't care if they left the doors off :-)