Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Traction Control..?

Ben.

Hi, I have recently purchased a Is200 Sport. How does the traction control Button Work? When I press the Snow Traction Button it illuminates a light on the dash, But when i press The Traction Control Button, Nothing happens No dash light, How do i know if its on or off...? Sorry the question seems a bit dumb, but it is my first Lexus.....Any Help Much Appreciated...Thanks

If the "TRC OFF" light on the dash isn't coming on, then there might be a problem with the switch. Does the switch illuminate when you turn on your lights ? It should do, and if it doesn't that might indicate the switch isn't connected properly.

Another possibility though, is that there's a problem with the car and the "TRC OFF" light was flashing to indicate a fault, and someone has removed the "TRC OFF" bulb to stop this happening !

In order to install a USB-to-PC (although it looks it cannot be done, its very very easy and cheap, and i have to write an article because i was googling over a month to find how to do it and i got some precious knowledge that i have to share) i had to remove the heated-seat buttons and the traction control button so that the stereo will come out.

There was NO error on my dashboard and everything looked normal. So it could be an unplugged switch that is very easy to plug back (just pull the button tray out and check it)

If you suspect its a faulty bulb then you know what you have to do, just find a empty parking space corner hard and accelerate until the car spins and see the "slipping" light. After that press the button once and try again :)

just give it some big beans and see if it spins up...... then press the button and try again! i would say its just your bulb thats gone.

my m8 had a is200 a few years back before i got mine and i can remember his flashing all the time when he had the TRC-OFF because there was a problem, think it was just safeguarding its self.