Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Power Upgrade Suggestion

nissansilvia

right, guys since i brough the car off gary, the car been lovely and love the ride, havent done much apart from sprayed it white

here is the mod when i brough it.

Carbon bonnet, RSR manifold 4-2-1, Buddy Club Spec II exhaust, HKS Racing Suction Reloaded, HKS Hipermax suspension, TRD 2way LSD + 4.7 final gear, Cusco front camber kit, Carbing cooling plate, TRD oil cap, TRD themo, BILLION radiator cap, BILLION coolant pipe, BILLION exhaust wrap, Spilte Fire direct ingnition bridge, TRD black housing headlight (blue back lens) with 6500k HID, TRD carbon grill, TRD front upper strut brace, TRD rear upper brace, Rear boot brace, TRD front and rear lower brace, Toms front tension rod, TOMS front and rear lower tie brace, Full TRD bushes all round, TRD engine mount and gearbox mount, TRD instrument with center rev, TRD short shift, TRD anti-roll bar (yellow), Defi BF water temp, oil temp, exhaust temp, oil pressure, 17" Black Super Advan with 225/40/17 all round, Manual conversion, Helix Cerametalic Clutch, Cusco light flywheel, Carbon GD mirror, Ikeya pillow tension rod

so the car handles like a dream, but im not sure but in my opinion, all car with electric throttle body is a bit slow on the pick up, so i was thinking of a power upgrade, but here is the quesion, should i spend over 5k to mode N/A or have a 1jz twin turbo engine put in?

N/A- trd individual throttle bodies, higher lift cams, titanium spring, ported etc so simply get the head upgraded all run under a motec ecu to rev up til about 11k rpm

this conversion would cost around 4-6k resulting max of 270-300BHP

post-25914-1237594431.jpg

post-25914-1237594495.jpg

or

engine transplant- 1jz twin turbo from a soerar or a chaser which is a 2500cc twin turbo stright six, which will be 280 even on standard ecu also benfits on one of the best gear box around which is the R154 box, this set up can easily be tuned til around 350-400 with one or two bit extras!!

this would cost around 3-4k but power is unlimited,

post-25914-1237595469.jpg

but what is in my mind is that if im not sure if i had a different engine put in it might feel different.....

and also, if monster matt see this please give me a brife idea of how hard was it to change to the 2jz engine please, thank you

so what is your opinion on power upgrade???

thanks

right, guys since i brough the car off gary, the car been lovely and love the ride, havent done much apart from sprayed it white

here is the mod when i brough it.

Carbon bonnet, RSR manifold 4-2-1, Buddy Club Spec II exhaust, HKS Racing Suction Reloaded, HKS Hipermax suspension, TRD 2way LSD + 4.7 final gear, Cusco front camber kit, Carbing cooling plate, TRD oil cap, TRD themo, BILLION radiator cap, BILLION coolant pipe, BILLION exhaust wrap, Spilte Fire direct ingnition bridge, TRD black housing headlight (blue back lens) with 6500k HID, TRD carbon grill, TRD front upper strut brace, TRD rear upper brace, Rear boot brace, TRD front and rear lower brace, Toms front tension rod, TOMS front and rear lower tie brace, Full TRD bushes all round, TRD engine mount and gearbox mount, TRD instrument with center rev, TRD short shift, TRD anti-roll bar (yellow), Defi BF water temp, oil temp, exhaust temp, oil pressure, 17" Black Super Advan with 225/40/17 all round, Manual conversion, Helix Cerametalic Clutch, Cusco light flywheel, Carbon GD mirror, Ikeya pillow tension rod

so the car handles like a dream, but im not sure but in my opinion, all car with electric throttle body is a bit slow on the pick up, so i was thinking of a power upgrade, but here is the quesion, should i spend over 5k to mode N/A or have a 1jz twin turbo engine put in?

N/A- trd individual throttle bodies, higher lift cams, titanium spring, ported etc so simply get the head upgraded all run under a motec ecu to rev up til about 11k rpm

this conversion would cost around 4-6k resulting max of 270-300BHP

post-25914-1237594431.jpg

post-25914-1237594495.jpg

or

engine transplant- 1jz twin turbo from a soerar or a chaser which is a 2500cc twin turbo stright six, which will be 280 even on standard ecu also benfits on one of the best gear box around which is the R154 box, this set up can easily be tuned til around 350-400 with one or two bit extras!!

this would cost around 3-4k but power is unlimited,

post-25914-1237595469.jpg

but what is in my mind is that if im not sure if i had a different engine put in it might feel different.....

and also, if monster matt see this please give me a brife idea of how hard was it to change to the 2jz engine please, thank you

so what is your opinion on power upgrade???

thanks

Build the 3SGE up... forged rods and lower comp pistons, 800cc injectors, upgraded fuel pump, ECU and a GT30 should get your 400+ wheel HP and not ruin the balance of the car.... which would be a shame considering how much you have spent on handling mods!

There is loads of info on built 3S's on the MR2 forum www.mr2oc.com.

By the way if you ever have an accident and decide to part it out let me know hahhaa!

Nathan

P.S. my car was already white when I bought it... white is by far the toughest colour for altezza's thats for sure!

rev the 3s to 11k and the motor will **** it self

and i make inlets and quad throttle set ups as well much cheaper than TRD

thats obviously with uprated internals, totally different head for sure and maybe some con-rod!!

but i heard some rumours that does the manuel altezza have titiaanium valve springs as standard? or thats just crap?

oh really??? how much would you charge if i were to get you to make up some for me?? is it that u using a ae-111's quad setup?

thanks

oh shix ur about 7500 miles away!!!!

but still would u do it?

thanks

Build the 3SGE up... forged rods and lower comp pistons, 800cc injectors, upgraded fuel pump, ECU and a GT30 should get your 400+ wheel HP and not ruin the balance of the car.... which would be a shame considering how much you have spent on handling mods!

There is loads of info on built 3S's on the MR2 forum www.mr2oc.com.

By the way if you ever have an accident and decide to part it out let me know hahhaa!

Nathan

ts

P.S. my car was already white when I bought it... white is by far the toughest colour for altezza's thats for sure!

i never like the idea of tuning a high compression engine to a low one, just sort of feels like that car is losing it's "soul" if u know what i mean!!!

so is the engine exactly the same as the mr2, i mean technically? e.g. size, compression, ratio ans stuff?

what about the ecu is that still stock

what about fitting an after market one or camcon type unit to allow you to tweak the cars set up

l

yes i was thinking an ecu too, but if i change it i would propably want the motec one, because in later day i wouldnt need to upgrade it!!! or if im just goin to light tune the car im sourceing a TRD or Tom's one.....which would just be a plug and play!

throttle kit which is 50mm butterflies with tps and throttle brackets and inlet with gaskets and bolts etc is 2800 aussie which is roughly 1350 pounds plus postage to england

springs are steel and its only the manual altezza that has the titatium valves and the higher 11.5 to 1 comp

the auto is 11to 1 comp with smaller valves and buckets for the cam to run on etc

just to let you know that i rev limit my race car to 8800 rpm which has 13.5 to 1 comp .

longer rods lighter crank billett cams with vvti still being used and im also using 2 stage injection and motor is making 190 kws at back wheels we think 320 hp at flywheel

• 2 weeks later...

ok, if i wanted to get the head and valves ported and flowed, would it be better to get a manuel head to have this done or should i just do it on my as200 head?

also compression ratio? is that due to piston or just valves?

what other difference are there between the auto and manuel?

thanks

the cam profile that i use will fit onto a 31mm bucket .my pistons are forged with a higher bump to give the 13.5 to 1 comp and uses longer rods as well ,i have both heads here as i dont use the std valves on any of these motors .only use the head with new valves and bigger plus different valve springs for the 13 mm of lift ,.head is ported and flowed and valve sizes are upped to the max