Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Custom Engine Covers

I'll be installing an induction kit to my is200 in the very near future (just waiting for the Apexi filter to arrive) and i've seen a few images of the engine bay with the rocker bay exposed and it looks pretty ugly (isn't there a word for this when there are two words in the same sentance that contridict itself lol). Anyway, i'm wondering if you can actually buy a plate that covers the lexus is200 rocker bay or do i have to make one (very unlikely as i have no skill, tools or materials lol). Even better PM me if you have one for sale!

ps. it's a prolex induction kit, if that makes any difference to the engine cover arrangement.

i have already asked that mate as i hated the way the engine bay looked. at one point i was going to but a engine cove4r and cut it where the induction kit passes. most people on here have madea custome engine cover.

Aztecbandit has made himself a custom engine cover, it sounds like that's the way to go, particularly with induction kits where the type can vary anyway so a cover for one type of induction kit might be no good for another.

You can make up a template out of carboard to work out the size/shape. Then you could always try and find a metal fabricators that will knock something up for you.

Yeah, i'm not after a complicated one, just a flat plate that goes over it all, with maybe curved/angled ends to give it some shape, rather than just a flat square piece of metal. Something like this.

Not sure whos lexus it is, think it belongs to "TheDon".

Lexus-IS300-793.jpg

You can get them from TDi, it just scoops the air to the filter, and i think it does work.

I've one in my shed, but the holding tab broke and it scraped against the pully and now has a hole in the back :(

Asi did you find out if TDI still have them? as I would like one for my kir when its installed the bring the noise of the induction kit down along with cooler air.

not yet mate. still in college will give them a call later today and will let you know.