Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Introduction & Question, Of Course.

Hello to my new fellow Lexus Owners Club Members.

Little Intro about myself and my car.

I am Carl, 25 from Sheffield. I have owned my Lexus for approx. 3 years and have had many ups and downs with my pride & joy.

I own a Lexus IS 200 SE, X reg, silver in colour with half leather/half suede interior beige in colour. Full service history and only 70k on clock.

No mods really, just the usual alloy wheels, mine sits on 19" Hi-Join deep dish alloy wheels and also a fatter exhaust tail pipe. Also painted extra areas around the car. (Pics to follow)

I've been coming on this site for a while reading the forums and i am amazed by the level of knowledge some of you guys have, and the willingness to share that knowledge.

I'll be honest with you, mechanically i have very little knowledge of cars or how to do what you guys seem to do with ease. This pics you put up to help with the info given is great.

Right, where to start...

First of all i need a new front nearside wing, and i have gone down all the usual avenues (e-bay, breakers yards etc), has anybody got any ideas on where else i can go to pursue finding one? I also need (think it's called) an "A bar" for the interior of the car, i can see the bemuzed faces now, you know what i mean the bit that gets styled with fag burns when attempting to flick ash out of the window. Don't worry i have since stopped smoking in the car.

After having an error code on my CD player appear, i removed the CD player and rectified the problem but a few months later it repeated therefore i took it out again, only this time i somehow managed to start a mini-fire and burnt the CD's wires making the CD player inoperable, i have seen pics of some IS200's with modified CD headunits. So are they easy to install and can you guys make some suggestions as to which units are best to buy and where from. Basically tell me which units are good quality and good value. I aint made of money. Cheers.

Also if i was to attempt to service (and change brake pads & discs) my car myself has anybody got a detailed instructions on how to do it and what tools are needed?

Thanks for the assistance and also i'll look forward to passing on some more of my enquiries to you guys.

welcome to foum mate. you took you time registering as a membor lol. just a joke mate.

dj wozza has a guid on how to put in aftermarket head unit in. i have to say its not easiest thing to do mate.

Hello and Welcome to the club matey :D

sounds like your after the A pillar cover, i brought a set off eBay a few weeks ago for very little money, but i know they dont come up very often so will keep my eyes open incase another set comes up and let you know :)

Stereo wise it depends on how much you'd like to spend? but you'll need the amp bypass cable and facia to start with to install it?

The brake pads are quite an easy job on the IS and there is a guide HERE! that might give you an idea on what you need to do?

:D

Hi mate, welcome to the club...plenty of questions there and I'm sure you'll be able to find the answers very easily. As for the nearside front wing, theres a guy I used who sells on eBay but I cant find his number at the moment. He breaks lexus's so always has parts available and at decent prices. I'll see if I can find his number and give you a shout mate.

Hi mate, welcome to the club...plenty of questions there and I'm sure you'll be able to find the answers very easily. As for the nearside front wing, theres a guy I used who sells on ebay but I cant find his number at the moment. He breaks lexus's so always has parts available and at decent prices. I'll see if I can find his number and give you a shout mate.

Hey up fella, nice one for the reply and the offer of that guys number. Yeah give me a shout when/if you find it. Could really do with a new wing, had enough of looking at the damage to my baby. I'll await a response with eager anticipation. Cheers.

I think that it's pretty straightforward to replace the head unit with an aftermarket one. There are various guides and walkthroughs that can help you out with this. I can send you DJ Wozza's guide to removing the head unit if you PM me your email address. You will need a fascia adapter as has been said, and there's a guide on how to modify that to make it blend in with the OEM fascia better here.

There are lots of threads about aftermarket head units over on the audio/video forum. It all depends on how much you want to spend and what sort of features you want. I posted up this thread myself asking for suggestions, when I was after a unit with Bluetooth, but I wasn't bothered about playing DVDs. I ended up getting a Pioneer FH-B80BT, which I'm very pleased with, which I paid £230 for.

It's generally recommended that you stay well away from the all-singing, all-dancing, non-branded units on eBay, since the audio quality is apparently terrible.