Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi From Holland

Jappie

Hi there :D

Because this forum is containing quite a lot of information, I registered myself here, hope you don't mind :D Let me introduce myself, I'm Jappie, I'm living in Drachten, Holland. Since 1,5 month proud owner of a 1999 Lexus IS200, Aztec Fire coloured, really happy with it!

Pic from the seller:

PC087463.jpg

End of februari a unique grille from an RS200Z came across my path :D

DSC06385.jpg

The seller got a halfcut from Japan, he was only interested in the Beams engine. Besides of the grille he also offered me some RS200Z sideskirts and a TOM's coilover suspension set too for a small price :D

DSC06380.jpg

DSC06382.jpg

DSC06383.jpg

The grille is matt black now:

DSC06497.jpg

After that fitted some 6000K HID high+lower beams:

DSC06494.jpg

The last 2 weeks I'm working on the wheels, they were quite ugly:

DSC06386.jpg

After some refurbishing this is the result (same wheel as picture above):

DSC06395.jpg

Drivers side (left side) is done, next week I'm starting the wheels on the passenger side (right side)

This weekend I fitted the coilovers, thanks to the manual on this site! :D

Before:

DSC06409.jpg

And this is how she looks now:

DSC06709.jpg

DSC06705.jpg

DSC06708.jpg

DSC06714.jpg

DSC06719.jpg

Comments, positive as well as negative, are always welcome..

Kind regards,

Jappie Blom

Thanks guys :D

your doing a great job on the wheels,

I only sandpapered them and spraypainted a new colour :D Not as much time and effort as somebody else gave his wheels in the Wheels & Tires part of this forum... :unsure: Top class mate!

Last week I also fitted a hoodlifter, with a piece of metal it fitted in all original holes of the IS :D I hate single rods, they are always crossing my path when I'm working under the hood... :lol:

DSC06323.jpg

DSC06322.jpg

DSC06321.jpg

The lifter is from the boot of a Mazda 323F BA series (had one of these before the IS came around)

Last weekend I lowered it another half an inch :D Because the IS200 is my daily drive, it's now low enough for me...

DSC06737.jpg

DSC06742.jpg

DSC06740.jpg

DSC06741.jpg

Just have to make an appointment for wheel alignment and geometry, else the tyres will wear out as hell I think... :unsure:

Nice motor matey, always loved that colour, personally though I think you should go back to stock suspension I think it looks much better, if you want i'll take those coilcovers off your hands :whistling: no need to thank me :lol:

Great job so far matey welcome to LOC :D

personally though I think you should go back to stock suspension I think it looks much better, if you want i'll take those coilcovers off your hands :whistling: no need to thank me :lol:

Been thinking for a while, but I'm sorry :P

Looking good mate :D yours is looking a lot cleaner than mine at the moment :P

But hopefully my engine bay will be all shiny soon, And then i'll give it a good polish :D

Well, I only gave it a car wash (by hand ofcourse), but my car can use a good polish too. Can I bring it around? :lol:

I bought some new Mequiers clay last week, and sunny season is coming out, so I will polish it soon :D