Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Many Miles On Your Clock?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife has got the IS200 and it's got 25,000 miles on the clock and it's on a private plate but registered on a 52' plate. Full service history by previous owner and HPi confirms this. Travelled a long way to get a low mileage car and as the wife only does around 4,000 a year, the car should stay that way.

looking at getting a IS200 next month. Going to be spending 3k/4k maximum. how many miles should i be looking for on a 2000 plate car? can anyone tell me roughly what these last to until they have serious problems?

How often does the oil need changing any1 send me to a guide how to do it, as mine if off the road I might as have ago. It's been well over 3 years since any sort of service I guess eeekkk :(

I need belts etc as well I think as its at 115,000

How often does the oil need changing any1 send me to a guide how to do it, as mine if off the road I might as have ago. It's been well over 3 years since any sort of service I guess eeekkk :(

I need belts etc as well I think as its at 115,000

Oil changes (with oil filter) should be done every 10k/12 months. To change the oil remove the plastic shield underneath the car- its held on with a load of 10mm bolts. To drain the oil undo the sump nut (14mm nut). Are you going to change the oil filter as well? Its a PITA to get to (little room to work on removing the oil filter- but with a bit of patience you should be able to remove the old oil filter).

Best to warm up the engine first before removing the old oil, as you say the car has been stood- its easier to drain out the old oil when the oil is warm. Be careful you don't burn yourself- the oil can get hot!!!

Which oil will you be using? 5w-30 or 10w-40?

By belts do you mean the aux belts? P/steering, air con, alternator belts? I think you can get a set from eBay for £22 (all 3 belts).

looking at getting a IS200 next month. Going to be spending 3k/4k maximum. how many miles should i be looking for on a 2000 plate car? can anyone tell me roughly what these last to until they have serious problems?

I reckon a 2000 plater should have 90-120k on the clock. At this mileage the cambelt and tensioners (x2) should have been replaced at 60k/6 years old. If not, then get this work done or get some £££ knocked off the selling price so that you can get this done.

IS200's will go on forever as along as they have been regularly serviced. My car is 2000 plate with 118.5k, I'm expecting at least another 100k out of it before anything major goes wrong with it.

Mine has 120,000 on the clock, 2001 IS200 S.

Bought it with 118,000 on the clock in January and have to say I'm amazed by how fresh it feels. No squeaks or rattles. Reading these posts just reinforces my opinion on what a great car it is.

Going shopping for wheels this weekend! :)

26000 on a 52 reg

im going for the lowest mileage :winky:

I beat u bazza :P Think mines the lowest mileage car for the age on the forum possibly lol...just over 15k miles now on the clock...think its near the 15,500 mark actually now coz of the trip to london last week. Ticked over to 15k on the way there. Mines a 52 plate btw

26000 on a 52 reg

im going for the lowest mileage :winky:

I beat u bazza :P Think mines the lowest mileage car for the age on the forum possibly lol...just over 15k miles now on the clock...think its near the 15,500 mark actually now coz of the trip to london last week. Ticked over to 15k on the way there. Mines a 52 plate btw

Mines the highest for the age!! Not that it matters on these cars.

147000 and doesnt miss a beat, still quiet and never ever burns oil or water, keep the oil changes good and it will go forever, my mates dad is200 has 256000 and still going

Nice to know they can run upto 250k plus mine is on 148k and runs as good as ever. Look to take her upto 300k hopefully