Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clock Dash Light Still On!

Did you install the headunit or someone like halfrauds...? Im going to be pretty much certain that its down to the wiring of the headunit. As far as im aware there are wires that go to the clock from the headunit and it seems that the one for illumniation has got a constant feed going to it.

Unfortunately, it means out comes the headunit and starting again. The only wires you need for the headunit to power up are, the constant +12v feed, a ground and the accessory +12v feed. If you see other wires attached along the lines somewhere they can simply come out. I've only got the above 3 connected for my power source and i can assure you everything else on the car works exactly how it should.

There is a black cable somewhere thats the power lead for the antenna, but i never connected this because i hate the radio...

Hi all, recently had my head unit installed and ever since the clock dash light has remained on even when the ignition is off and the car is locked. Any suggestions as to what is wrong would be gratefully received.

Avtar Sandhu.

try reversing the perm live and ign live..

Did you install the headunit or someone like halfrauds...? Im going to be pretty much certain that its down to the wiring of the headunit. As far as im aware there are wires that go to the clock from the headunit and it seems that the one for illumniation has got a constant feed going to it.

Unfortunately, it means out comes the headunit and starting again. The only wires you need for the headunit to power up are, the constant +12v feed, a ground and the accessory +12v feed. If you see other wires attached along the lines somewhere they can simply come out. I've only got the above 3 connected for my power source and i can assure you everything else on the car works exactly how it should.

There is a black cable somewhere thats the power lead for the antenna, but i never connected this because i hate the radio...

Unfortunatly..I have to say it was done from halfrauds. So it looks like the fella's not re-wired it correctly. I'm not the beat with cars, hence me having to get it fitted..would anybody be able to give me a step by step as to how to tackle this?

Hi all, recently had my head unit installed and ever since the clock dash light has remained on even when the ignition is off and the car is locked. Any suggestions as to what is wrong would be gratefully received.

Avtar Sandhu.

May sound stupid...but how?

Avtar Sandhu.

all depends on what loom you have...

try disconnecting the hu and see if the clock goes off if so the prob is in the loom..

does the hu stay on?

Avtar Sandhu.

all depends on what loom you have...

try disconnecting the hu and see if the clock goes off if so the prob is in the loom..

The hu has to be turned off after the ignition is turned off..

does the hu stay on?

ok,

really simple to fix.. as stav says f you paid to have it installed then really the place fitting should do it for you..

if you want to do it yourself then you need to take the hu out. on the hu loom there should be a red and an orange/yellow wire with a clear plastic shielding that pulls apart. just swop em over..

Remember that the a/c unit (complete with clock) needs to come out and be disconnected at the same time that the head unit is replaced. So it may be that there's a problem with the way that the a/c controls have been reconnected (loose connector ?) - as well as the head unit wiring being a possibilty. I'd say the a/c controls being more likely to be the culprit.

• 11 years later...

Hello Jon and welcome to the LOC.

Looks like you’ve had a good search for previous posts, could you explain in a bit more detail what your problem is as the previous post is 11 years old now.

• 2 months later...
On 4/20/2020 at 9:03 PM, steve2006 said:

Hello Jon and welcome to the LOC.

Looks like you’ve had a good search for previous posts, could you explain in a bit more detail what your problem is as the previous post is 11 years old now.

Hi Steve,

I have exactly the same problem with my 2001 IS200 SE. I got a harness to bypass the amplifier and removed the requisite plug from the amp, connected it to the adapter wiring and ran this through to the head unit. The radio worked no problem, but stayed on when ign turned off and key removed, as did the clock light. This quickly drained the Battery which was a problem. Tried a number of actions like checking the wiring. When I reconnected the amp, removed the replacement harness and reinstalled the Lexus radio, clock light went off just as it should and so it has stayed that way. My question is should I have removed both plugs from the amplifier and would this have prevented the issue? I wonder if that was the case in the above situation and the clock light stayed on because the amp was still partially connected?

Any help gratefully received as the Lexus headunit is no longer working on CD or Tape and I am left with the delights of whatever is on the radio to entertain me on my journeys.

Thanks in anticipation.

Pete

• 10 months later...