Sign in to follow this  
sikh_n_destroy

Clock Dash Light Still On!

Hi all, recently had my head unit installed and ever since the clock dash light has remained on even when the ignition is off and the car is locked. Any suggestions as to what is wrong would be gratefully received.

Avtar Sandhu.

the only thing to me that would be obvious is that the headunit has not been wired correctly....

but im sure someone with more knowledge than me can shed some "light" on this(sorry).

Did you install the headunit or someone like halfrauds...? Im going to be pretty much certain that its down to the wiring of the headunit. As far as im aware there are wires that go to the clock from the headunit and it seems that the one for illumniation has got a constant feed going to it.

Unfortunately, it means out comes the headunit and starting again. The only wires you need for the headunit to power up are, the constant +12v feed, a ground and the accessory +12v feed. If you see other wires attached along the lines somewhere they can simply come out. I've only got the above 3 connected for my power source and i can assure you everything else on the car works exactly how it should.

There is a black cable somewhere thats the power lead for the antenna, but i never connected this because i hate the radio...

Hi all, recently had my head unit installed and ever since the clock dash light has remained on even when the ignition is off and the car is locked. Any suggestions as to what is wrong would be gratefully received.

Avtar Sandhu.

try reversing the perm live and ign live..

Did you install the headunit or someone like halfrauds...? Im going to be pretty much certain that its down to the wiring of the headunit. As far as im aware there are wires that go to the clock from the headunit and it seems that the one for illumniation has got a constant feed going to it.

Unfortunately, it means out comes the headunit and starting again. The only wires you need for the headunit to power up are, the constant +12v feed, a ground and the accessory +12v feed. If you see other wires attached along the lines somewhere they can simply come out. I've only got the above 3 connected for my power source and i can assure you everything else on the car works exactly how it should.

There is a black cable somewhere thats the power lead for the antenna, but i never connected this because i hate the radio...

Unfortunatly..I have to say it was done from halfrauds. So it looks like the fella's not re-wired it correctly. I'm not the beat with cars, hence me having to get it fitted..would anybody be able to give me a step by step as to how to tackle this?

Avtar Sandhu.

May sound stupid...but how?

Avtar Sandhu.

all depends on what loom you have...

try disconnecting the hu and see if the clock goes off if so the prob is in the loom..

does the hu stay on?

I'd take it back to them.

It wasnt like that when you took the car in so take it back.

Avtar Sandhu.

all depends on what loom you have...

try disconnecting the hu and see if the clock goes off if so the prob is in the loom..

The hu has to be turned off after the ignition is turned off..

does the hu stay on?

ok,

really simple to fix.. as stav says f you paid to have it installed then really the place fitting should do it for you..

if you want to do it yourself then you need to take the hu out. on the hu loom there should be a red and an orange/yellow wire with a clear plastic shielding that pulls apart. just swop em over..

As redz says dead simple but if you've paid halfrauds to do it i'd take it back to them to get your value for money.

Remember that the a/c unit (complete with clock) needs to come out and be disconnected at the same time that the head unit is replaced. So it may be that there's a problem with the way that the a/c controls have been reconnected (loose connector ?) - as well as the head unit wiring being a possibilty. I'd say the a/c controls being more likely to be the culprit.

Ive tried the swapping of red and yellow wires but the clock light is still on 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Help pls its doing my head in 

Hello Jon and welcome to the LOC.

Looks like you’ve had a good search for previous posts, could you explain in a bit more detail what your problem is as the previous post is 11 years old now.