Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Bought A Spoiler.

Andy-R

Just bought an OEM boot spoiler off e-bay :D decent price £75 delivered and paid for by my mum for my birthday even tho it's not until May, very happy, anyway it's the Sport one with the brake light in the centre, it's not the raised one it's the one that sits flush with the boot lid, been after one for ages so happy days, just got to get it sprayed which is no probs as the uncle in-law is a sprayer, then fit it which i'm abit more concerned about because i'll have to drill the boot :unsure: anyway can't wait :D BTW does the brake light just plug in somewhere or do I have to wire it up?

Nice one matey :D

Look forward to seeing some pics of it sprayed and fitted :D

same here mate.

I dont know how hard it is as i have not done it before but i guess its not that hard.

i have the hoop spoiler with the light in it, i wired it up to the centre light in the rear window, it works fine but when i removed the bulb from the rear window light i get the brake warnign light come up on the dash, so either i have 2 rear centre lights or have to put up with the brake waning light on all the time...

i have the hoop spoiler with the light in it, i wired it up to the centre light in the rear window, it works fine but when i removed the bulb from the rear window light i get the brake warnign light come up on the dash, so either i have 2 rear centre lights or have to put up with the brake waning light on all the time...

Give the bulb out of the window light a good shake to break the filiment then put it back in I think the warning light only comes on when it's removed not when it's broken, might be wrong tho.

i got one oem and the kit contains all you should need, mine came with a black out plate for the center light and a unit to fit for the bulb warning light as well. i just used the black out plate so i have the wiring unit if you dont get one with yours....

not so hard to fit but better to have two or three people so that you get it straight

1 guy on the left and one on the right and the guy in the middle to fit it down.

mine also comes with stickers that help you fit it for drilling but you could make some up

also the light comes with a plug to connect straight into the center light but you can make a black out plate from some black plastic

just remove the light from the back and take out the red brake plate and make a template and then find some think black plastic... 3mm and just cut one out and fit it in the place the red on sat

good luck