Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

K&n Panel Filter Or Custom Induction Kit?

reganlives

Right, the air filter in my car is filthy and needs changing but I havent had a chance yet but I'm not sure on if I should go for the simple route and get a K&N panel filter or make a custom induction kit like IIRC aztec did. From what I remember he stated that costs wise it works out around £40 so this is only a few quid more than a panel filter so what does everyone recommend I do as I cant make my mind up. What application would be better for the car?

If your 200 is standard I'd go for the K&N drop-in/panel filter.

I've got the K&N drop-in/panel filter from eBay (£36). Reason I went for the K&N was that its a lifetime filter- only needs a clean every 50k (I think?). You *might* notice a slight improvement in mpg.

how have you found the performance/economy of your car since switching to the K&N mate? I know theres no real gain to be expected from it but did it help much with the economy?

Like I said, you might notice a slight improvement in mpg, maybe 1-2 mpg. The K&N filter does make the car sound slightly throaty. Like I said I went for the K&N because you fit and forget about it (until it needs a clean). K&N reckon their filters are good for 10 years (I intend to find out :whistling:) - that pretty much sold it to me.

I could be wrong, but I think Aztec's price for his stuff probably was just for the piping/tubing, and you'd have to add on the price of an Apexi filter or similar. So it's still a more expensive solution (though more blingy !) than a K&N.

I've got a K&N too. Similarly to kam05 I think it made a slight improvement to my mpg and a slight difference to engine note. I don't think I'd say I particularly noticed any performance improvement, but then again I didn't expect to.

I could be wrong, but I think Aztec's price for his stuff probably was just for the piping/tubing, and you'd have to add on the price of an Apexi filter or similar. So it's still a more expensive solution (though more blingy !) than a K&N.

I've got a K&N too. Similarly to kam05 I think it made a slight improvement to my mpg and a slight difference to engine note. I don't think I'd say I particularly noticed any performance improvement, but then again I didn't expect to.

True the Apexi filter costs about £30-£40 but a universal one may just set you back around £10 :)

True the Apexi filter costs about £30-£40 but a universal one may just set you back around £10 :)

yeah but no point getting a cheap one is there?

well I know its a bit of a change topic wise but instead of ordering my air filter yesterday I've ordered my HID's lol...I thought that the car can go another month on the current filter and the cost is roughly the same of that and the HID's and as I do a lot of night driving and uprated headlights are a real help then I thought I'd get the HID's this month instead. Got them from diane-shop on eBay for the bargain price of £42 inc delivery!

well I know its a bit of a change topic wise but instead of ordering my air filter yesterday I've ordered my HID's lol...I thought that the car can go another month on the current filter and the cost is roughly the same of that and the HID's and as I do a lot of night driving and uprated headlights are a real help then I thought I'd get the HID's this month instead. Got them from diane-shop on ebay for the bargain price of £42 inc delivery!

Have you got a link to the HID kit? I've been thinking of getting a HID kit recently.