Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fixed Price Repairs

As we all know we are in "recession", and as a result garages (being lexus) are offering "extra value" services etc. But looking at the brochure i got through the door from Lexus, i can't help but still think how expensive it is. I mean take Battery change (no pun intended), they are charging £89 all in (includes parts, labour and VAT). I know a Battery costs @£50, so they are bascially charging £39 for a 10 minute job. Front brake pad change £119, mintex pads are like £35 and its another 10 minute job eachside, so bascially £84 for labour. Timing belt change £299 etc etc (im sure i only got charged £150 inc parts and labour from a garage just 100 yards from lexus). I'm sorry, but times like this if they want to attract customers, they will have to do better than this surely. Is the prices only specific to my area or does different area of the country get diffferent prices? Like to hear feedbacks from this one.

I, myself don't use Lexus as my regular service garage purely because i didn't like the people at the showroom, which you have to speak to before you can book your car in (long story) and they refuse to fit parts that are not provided by them, even if it is brand new and better than OEM spec, not mickey mouse products. Which i can see the legal reasons for.

I was quoted the best part of £450 for timing belt change from lexus in Aberdeen..... Getting it done by garage across the road for £260 - using Lexus parts.

Cant comment on anything else as I tend to do servicing my self.

The first few examples seemed extraordinarly expensive, but £299 full fitted for a timing belt and tensioner using all genuine parts doesnt seem bad at all. Are you sure it wasnt meant to be £399 :lol: Although I'm guessing they'll charge an extra arm and leg to do all the auxilary belts to make up the difference, probably convenitnetly reccommend that the water pump is on its way out too.

hi there i recently had my timing belt, tensioners and all other belts changed, and a new water pump all done for £233 inc vat. Water pump i brought myself and they fitted, all parts were original and from main dealer.