Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another Polished Part For My Lex!

Looks good mate, what you gettin at the weekend then?

Some more shiny pipework matey :whistling: cant wait to pick them up as they should set the engine off a treat :D

And what do these shiney pipes fit too!lol

That looks really good mate, top stuff again & makes it look better than new.

Cheers matey :D just debating if i should do the manifold heat covers now, but think they will look better being black to be a bit of a contrast against the polished bits? :unsure:

@ Micromarc, they fit to the engine mate :whistling::lol:

@ Stav might be up for an alternator mate if it does come to that? :D

i brought the polishing kit off ebay last week and it arrived today ,so hopefully will have a practice at the weekend. I think i will do the exhaust trim 1st then have a go at my wheels.

Nice one mate, it gets a bit addictive after you've done a couple of things, but i was supprised at how easy it is to do :D Just remember to wear the mask and some safety glasses mate as you do get bits of polishing pad and paste flicking up now and again :) Look forward to your work :)

i brought the polishing kit off ebay last week and it arrived today ,so hopefully will have a practice at the weekend. I think i will do the exhaust trim 1st then have a go at my wheels.

Nice one mate, it gets a bit addictive after you've done a couple of things, but i was supprised at how easy it is to do :D Just remember to wear the mask and some safety glasses mate as you do get bits of polishing pad and paste flicking up now and again :) Look forward to your work :)

Have you got a link to the polishing kit mate?

I m interested!lol

Have you got a link to the polishing kit mate?

I m interested!lol

Have a look at my last little job that i did with the kit matey (probably allready seen it?) CLICK ME! Think theres still the link there for the kit i used to do my bits (post 24 i think?)

That looks really good mate, top stuff again & makes it look better than new.

Cheers matey :D just debating if i should do the manifold heat covers now, but think they will look better being black to be a bit of a contrast against the polished bits? :unsure:

@ Micromarc, they fit to the engine mate :whistling::lol:

@ Stav might be up for an alternator mate if it does come to that? :D

Ahh yes maybe you dont want to go over bling or leave something to do next week lol.. But I'd be intrested to see how it comes out as was looking to paint my this weekend as others have. It's 10yrs old, very dirty and horrible, the polish could look great for awhile.. :D

Question Chris, is the Manifold cover stainless steel? I'm such a noob hehe, so would my Autoglym stuff just clean it up or do I have to maybe use tools like yourself to get the shine first, I read the guide you linked to it was very intresting stuff and all looks really good.

Question Chris, is the Manifold cover stainless steel? I'm such a noob hehe, so would my autoglym stuff just clean it up or do I have to maybe use tools like yourself to get the shine first, I read the guide you linked to it was very intresting stuff and all looks really good.

There just laquered steel mate, you have to sand them down to metal first, like in the guide to take them back to the basic finish, then use the pastes to polish them up? I did a 4 stage polish on these ones after the sanding down using 3 different polishing pastes then a top coat of metal polish to make them shine a bit B) You could probably do it with the metal polish and a drill with a hard/medium buffing wheel attached, but might take a bit of time to get to the same finish? :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links