Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Noticed A Beams Engine For Sale... Any Thoughts?

brice1ie

hey guys...

Just curious what you guys think of the beams engine up for sale on prolex.. A good deal or not??

And if anyone has some good states on the performance, internal strength etc... would be great..

Cheers!

:winky:

hey guys...

Just curious what you guys think of the beams engine up for sale on prolex.. A good deal or not??

And if anyone has some good states on the performance, internal strength etc... would be great..

Cheers!

:winky:

How much ? do you know the last owner ? miles the engine done ?

How much ? do you know the last owner ? miles the engine done ?

£4,500, but "unkown" mileage :duh: according to Prolex's site.

im banned from Prolex site :whistling: bhp sounds about right, but £4500 for s/h engine with no history is way way to much :o I have had supercharged Altezza, running at 310bhp, they don't run like the is200 supercharger at all :duh:

Thor Racing have a brand new BEAMS engine for sale (£4,600): Thor Racing

Yeah and they insist that the charger is a risk if the engine does not have internal upgrading.. but ive not got good knowledge of this... hence im here..

also the thor engine doesnt have a s/c attached...

The prolex engine is fitted with a blitz s/c

And.. hey gord... long time no chat... ;)

The one on Prolex includes a Blitz charger.

So he really wanting 4k for Blitz charger then, s/hand to :o you need to find out the price of Blitz charger new :whistling:

Says the charger is 4k new.. but not searched it... im just curious about it all....

Oh... someone just did search it

Is it true the internals are just as weak???

a few years ago i picked up the following altezza parts

Engine

gearbox

ecu

loom

driveshafts

differential

propshaft

front subframe

steering rack

for £500, on an engine that had done only 11,000 miles

4500 is way too much, even with supercharger, with unknown milage,

the engine that THOR is selling, im sure came from Janspeed, and was offered to me a few years ago for £2000, well they did have about 8 to get rid off

a few years ago i picked up the following altezza parts

Engine

gearbox

ecu

loom

driveshafts

differential

propshaft

front subframe

steering rack

for £500, on an engine that had done only 11,000 miles

4500 is way too much, even with supercharger, with unknown milage,

the engine that THOR is selling, im sure came from Janspeed, and was offered to me a few years ago for £2000, well they did have about 8 to get rid off

WOW, thats a monsterous difference... you stil have all that stuff you picked up!!! :winky: haha

Well as i said, i wasnt sure if it was a good price or not and if the performance was good or not ... AND if it was a stronger engine or not.. but dont seem to be all that promising from the comments here!

So he really wanting 4k for Blitz charger then, s/hand to :o you need to find out the price of Blitz charger new :whistling:

Says the charger is 4k new.. but not searched it... im just curious about it all....

Yes you have to be very curious with Dave (prolex) these days, as he is still saying things he knows nothing about, had email of someone the other week, asking about pistons,turns out Dave had told him the wrong info about pistons in turbo charged engines, not good really :ohmy:

ps. and if i know Dave.....its still in Japan and he can get it for you :whistling:

Yes you have to be very curious with Dave (prolex) these days, as he is still saying things he knows nothing about, had email of someone the other week, asking about pistons,turns out Dave had told him the wrong info about pistons in turbo charged engines, not good really :ohmy:

ps. and if i know Dave.....its still in Japan and he can get it for you :whistling:

I think it does say it can be got... THINK........

Some things never change :lol: its just a case of going on the sites Dave uses, you can get much cheaper that way :winky:

Some things never change :lol: its just a case of going on the sites Dave uses, you can get much cheaper that way :winky:

There an altezza engine on eBay at the mo with the 5 speed semi-auto transmission for 1,700 quid

Claims to have 30,000km on it and price includes delivery.....

Says its the yamaha tuned edition (whatever that means)..

Just for info..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-LEXUS-ALTEZZA...304127002r21275

no such thing as Yamaha tuned, all that happened was Yamaha helped develop the cylinder head.....

its all very well getting the engine, but you need all the other bits aswell

Ok ok......... im just quoting what the seller said... as stated above if i knew i wouldnt be on here asking...

:whistling:

Breakthrough Engine with Advanced Management System.. Toyota France say this was developed/tuned by yamaha... (3S-GE)

Again, DONT jump down my throat, just passing on info that im given and seeing if anyone knows better or can tell me why its wrong!

;) ;)

no such thing as Yamaha tuned, all that happened was Yamaha helped develop the cylinder head.....

Ok ok......... im just quoting what the seller said... as stated above if i knew i wouldnt be on here asking...

isnt that why we have forums?? :whistling:

indeed...thats why i corrected you, so we dont have the usual internet phenomenon of "its on the tinterweb so it must be right" :winky:

i want trying to be funny, was just pointing out that the seller knows **** all

indeed...thats why i corrected you, so we dont have the usual internet phenomenon of "its on the tinterweb so it must be right" :winky:

maybe we can invite him to join the forum.. haha ;)

Ive just heard so much about people not sure whether to buy an IS or an RS and everyone seems to say.. RS.. u get the engine.. hence why im so curious as to why is soo super duper!

or is it just the overall package and ive searched the wrong info??

Ive just heard so much about people not sure whether to buy an IS or an RS and everyone seems to say.. RS.. u get the engine.. hence why im so curious as to why is soo super duper!

ive owned both...i prefer the is200

;) ;) ;)

Well thats a good opinion... id say!

Me to, ive had is200 supercharged and Altezza supercharged, the Altezza had more power, but the is200 was better car to drive for me :D