Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Grrrrr

Just had a letter in the post from Lexus " Stoke " offering me a FREE OIL CHANGE & FILTER valid until theend of April

only thing is i got some cheap oil from ASDA as others on here also got some while it was on offer to

i only changed my oil & filter 10 days ago , how maddening is that i ask ?.................5.gif

They might give you a free oil/oil filter change, but chances are that the dealer offering this will produce a list as long as your arm telling you need additional work doing- "Your (perfectly good) discs and pads need changing, Sir" :whistling:

You have reminded me of an incident which happened a couple of years ago. Took my IS200 to a well known tyre place for a new tyre. Whilst they were doing it the boss tells me that my front discs were below the required thickness and needed replacing and that he could do the job far more cheaply than Lexus. I thought "that's funny, it was only serviced by Lexus 2 months ago". I phoned the Lexus service manager and gave him the disc measurement. He told me whilst it was just below the tolerance it didn't need replacing just yet. Since then the car has had a further service and no mention of replacement discs.

This demonstrates that it isn't only main dealers we need to watch. Needless to say I haven't been to that tyre dealer again.

My girlfriend once took her Probe to "Kwik Fit" to get a new tyre and ended up getting new shocks fitted all round "their life time warranty as long as you own the car" said the chap who sold them to her.

2 years later she went back to the same "Kwik Fit" for another tyre, "Miss your shocks are goosed and need replacing!"

"Ok, not a prob" she said and left the car with them, 3 hours later she went to pick it up and was handed a bill for over £300 too which she handed them a recipt for life time warranty on the shocks!!

LOL wish i was there to see their faces when the penny dropped that they fitted new shocks for nothing and diddnt need too!!

I've just had that letter too. Unfortunately I've only just had my car serviced last week, I took Lexus Canterbury up on their offer of 10,000 mile service half price. It cost me £124, the last 10k service I had done was nearly £260.

On the free oil & filter change though we had my wife's Yaris T Sport done last December when Toyota were doing the same thing, free oil & filter and safety inspection. I was very impressed, there were no problems reported and no pressure what so ever to have any other work done.

Dave.

the only reason dealers do this is to try and get your custom again ie if you've not been to the garage in a while.the dealer i work in, their new thing now is a free brake fluid change! :duh:

My girlfriend once took her Probe to "Kwik Fit" to get a new tyre and ended up getting new shocks fitted all round "their life time warranty as long as you own the car" said the chap who sold them to her.

2 years later she went back to the same "Kwik Fit" for another tyre, "Miss your shocks are goosed and need replacing!"

"Ok, not a prob" she said and left the car with them, 3 hours later she went to pick it up and was handed a bill for over £300 too which she handed them a recipt for life time warranty on the shocks!!

LOL wish i was there to see their faces when the penny dropped that they fitted new shocks for nothing and diddnt need too!!

LOL at your Homer sig.