Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dashboard Lights On 1999 Gs300 Sport

HI Guys

Just come back from 16 days away and started car and I could tell the Battery was struggling a bit, I got about 1 mile down the road and I got a sort of squelching noise as though I had an air leak and then the VCSOFF, ABS, VSC, lights came on and stayed on I turned ignition off and it started ok but then it did the same so turned off again and it was ok all the way back home.

At the moment I have got the Battery on charge could this be a low Battery problem or am I looking for a worse problem.

The Battery is fairly new but the car is not used very much I am saying this in case anybody says duff Battery, with the lights on the dashboard showing the car was still driving OK.

Norman

HI Guys

Just come back from 16 days away and started car and I could tell the battery was struggling a bit, I got about 1 mile down the road and I got a sort of squelching noise as though I had an air leak and then the VCSOFF, ABS, VSC, lights came on and stayed on I turned ignition off and it started ok but then it did the same so turned off again and it was ok all the way back home.

At the moment I have got the battery on charge could this be a low battery problem or am I looking for a worse problem.

The battery is fairly new but the car is not used very much I am saying this in case anybody says duff battery, with the lights on the dashboard showing the car was still driving OK.

Norman

Morning Norm, its been two days since you asked for help? and i hope you have cured the problem. this may be a stuppid question but check your cam pully this was the problem i had it had split and the alternator was not sending charge back to Battery,sorry i cant help anymore.

Don

HI Guys

Just come back from 16 days away and started car and I could tell the battery was struggling a bit, I got about 1 mile down the road and I got a sort of squelching noise as though I had an air leak and then the VCSOFF, ABS, VSC, lights came on and stayed on I turned ignition off and it started ok but then it did the same so turned off again and it was ok all the way back home.

At the moment I have got the battery on charge could this be a low battery problem or am I looking for a worse problem.

The battery is fairly new but the car is not used very much I am saying this in case anybody says duff battery, with the lights on the dashboard showing the car was still driving OK.

Norman

Morning Norm, its been two days since you asked for help? and i hope you have cured the problem. this may be a stuppid question but check your cam pully this was the problem i had it had split and the alternator was not sending charge back to Battery,sorry i cant help anymore.

Don

Morning Don

Thanks for coming back to me and yes the belt is fine, I took it for a 50 mile drive yesterday and the fault did not show up the only worry I have is the brake master cylinder booster is beginning to fail because as we all know it was a common fault on these cars and they cost £2000 plus fitting to put right.

I have seen comments on the forum regards getting one from a scrapyard but I don't see that as a good option due to the fact it could have come from a car that had done a high mileage so the unit could fail very soon after buying it due to this problem of at about one hundred thousand miles that is when they seemed to fail,the scrapyards seem to offer 3 months warranty on them but they are just hoping they don't fail in that time.

I think they need to be replaced with a new one but my car is a 1999 with only 87000 miles on it but in the present climate the whole car is only worth about that much,I think everybody with one of these cars can only keep there fingers crossed and hope theres does not fail, there is one on eBay brand new for £1195 but I don't know if that is the problem with mine as it is OK now so all I can do is run it until it shows the fault continuously.

I must admit if I had known about this problem I would not have bought the car I thought LEXUS was bullet proof there was somebody on this forum that scrapped his car for this exact reason I know if you want a luxery car you have to expect to pay to keep it running but a common fault for something like a brake master cylinder is bad.

This is not the only COMMON faults with these very expensive from new cars,I have self leveling warning light showing (costly repair) also rear door actuator not working (costly repair) plus they get ball joint problems not what I would expect from a car costing this sort of money I am sure there should have been some recalls on this model because why put a brilliant engine and gearbox into a car that is going to get these sort of problems,some heavy users can soon notch up a high mileage in a short amount of time.

Norman

You can purchase warranties which would cover this along with a lot of other items. All down to personal choice of course but worthwhile in my opinion for the peace of mind.

HI Guys

Norman

Don

Morning Don

Thanks for coming back to me and yes the belt is fine, I took it for a 50 mile drive yesterday and the fault did not show up the only worry I have is the brake master cylinder booster is beginning to fail because as we all know it was a common fault on these cars and they cost £2000 plus fitting to put right.

I have seen comments on the forum regards getting one from a scrapyard but I don't see that as a good option due to the fact it could have come from a car that had done a high mileage so the unit could fail very soon after buying it due to this problem of at about one hundred thousand miles that is when they seemed to fail,the scrapyards seem to offer 3 months warranty on them but they are just hoping they don't fail in that time.

I think they need to be replaced with a new one but my car is a 1999 with only 87000 miles on it but in the present climate the whole car is only worth about that much,I think everybody with one of these cars can only keep there fingers crossed and hope theres does not fail, there is one on eBay brand new for £1195 but I don't know if that is the problem with mine as it is OK now so all I can do is run it until it shows the fault continuously.

I must admit if I had known about this problem I would not have bought the car I thought LEXUS was bullet proof there was somebody on this forum that scrapped his car for this exact reason I know if you want a luxery car you have to expect to pay to keep it running but a common fault for something like a brake master cylinder is bad.

This is not the only COMMON faults with these very expensive from new cars,I have self leveling warning light showing (costly repair) also rear door actuator not working (costly repair) plus they get ball joint problems not what I would expect from a car costing this sort of money I am sure there should have been some recalls on this model because why put a brilliant engine and gearbox into a car that is going to get these sort of problems,some heavy users can soon notch up a high mileage in a short amount of time.

Norman

Afternoon Norm

Sorry to hear about problems,I have a 1998 and have had a new spring fitted at rear, referbed the alies,and a costly repare to find out it was only my cam pully split.never mind running like a new car at pressent, I have found out that my LEXUS dealer which is in wolverhampton is not to bad on part prices.

I love my car and even coming up 11year old it turns a few heads,anyway hope all gos well.

Don

Hi Don

Lights have not come on again yet so as I said I can't do anything until it happens all the time.

I had a Mercedes before the Lexus and as you say it still turnes heads and I get comments regards a nice car which I didn't get with the Mercedes, the paintwork and general build is far superior to the Mercedes it is just a shame about the brake master cylinder being so expensive to replace your car 1998 did not have the same master cylinder as mine if you check it out yours is quite cheap, they changed them on my model year and then later on they changed it again to a better one so Lexus knew it was a bad design.

Norman

I believe you get a constant buzzer going when the master cylinder/brake booster is starting croak so it doesn't sound like that problem. Best bet is just enjoy the motoring and forget about what "might" fail :)

Update on lights on dash plus noise, had the squelching noise first with lights coming on plus buzzer and then stopped after about 5 seconds it happened twice today.

I am taking the car in for a full service plus a diagnostic scan on Wednesday so see what it comes up with will keep you posted in case some other member gets the same problem.

Norman