Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger Here...

If you want a S/C lexus then I would probably have a chat with sparkystav about the best way to polish your charger. You won't pick up another one for a while as there aint many around.

But this is what the sellers want you to do so they can off load a load of old kit for premium money. Despicable behaviour from someone no doubt.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is true but if they would have been honest from the beggining this thread wouldn't exist. I suspect that we all want to know what we are buying..... used, new, broken or mint condition..... these type of surprises s*cks

Yep, I agree, and a kit like that should not have been advertised as "brand new", since it clearly isn't.

But if kits like that were offered up for sale with a realistic description of their condition, I'm sure they would still have been snapped up.

I'm just saying "don't throw the baby out with the bath water". Apologies to non-native-English speakers if that doesn't translate too well !

Yep, I agree, and a kit like that should not have been advertised as "brand new", since it clearly isn't.

But if kits like that were offered up for sale with a realistic description of their condition, I'm sure they would still have been snapped up.

I'm just saying "don't throw the baby out with the bath water". Apologies to non-native-English speakers if that doesn't translate too well !

Since they are a bit popular :hehe: they would sell but they shouldn't as you say be labeled as brand new, this one cant be anyway.

Nope that doensn't say much for me but ofcourse a would never throw out a baby with the bath water :lol:

If you want a S/C lexus then I would probably have a chat with sparkystav about the best way to polish your charger. You won't pick up another one for a while as there aint many around.

But this is what the sellers want you to do so they can off load a load of old kit for premium money. Despicable behaviour from someone no doubt.

I bought mine polished mate, maybe have a word with aztec about polishing?

i dont jay has his kit. i am going to sen dit back just waiting for a address form him and i want him to pay for the posting.

You had a beer? :lol:

Its a shame your not closer mate and were keeping it, i'd polish it for you no problem and for free :)

Shame its turned out like this, and i think you should at least get a discount on the parts due to the condition? At least then it might be worth keeping and giving a goood clean up?

But if your sending it back, i hope another turns up soon for you :)

its a tricky one really because i have to imagine if it was me in asi's position. personally, i wouldn't be happy at all - expecting a new kit and getting a corroded used one isn't exactly what i've had liked when i opened the non-TTE sealed box....the miss-match of parts is a little off putting also...

as i said mate, it should work a treat either way - assuming all is well internally, so you may be better off keeping it and trying to spruce up the exterior a bit?? maybe just rub it down with grit paper and hammerite it or something?? think rob (previously fluff) did something similar and had his in a nice smooth balck....

thing you gotta remember is that they are not very easy to come by, so you don't wanna make a rash decision without weighing out the options.

if it were me, i'd wanna be sure the s/c kit i had spent at least 2k on was either well looked after from the previous owner (if bought 2nd hand) or brand new - now are either of these the case for this kit? its ur money mate and your decision - i know you had some nice plans for your lex, so maybe try again for a discount and if not either look into jay's kit or bite the bullit and try and give it some TLC??

i have tried for discount and he aint moving.

Thats not right mate, i know how much Dave paid for the bulk buy from Toyota :whistling: now im sure he would not have paid as much as he did for this lot, but the price he selling them on his site for, he is well making a mint :o looks like he shafting everyone including Markus :whistling:

i would rather return the kit and wait for a new one and i know they hard to come by but eventually something will turn up. like there wernt one for ages and then 2 people had them for sale. so really its just wait and while im waiting could really do other mods like brakes etc...

Guys please remember this is Asi's thread and it would be far more helpful to him that posts/comments are constructive rather than off topic & destructive :)

go on gord tell us all what he paid for them and really embarass him :shutit:

For the bulk buy from Toyota he paid £900 + vat so vat was @ 17.5% then £1057.50 each kit

then he got a bargain,shame he was dishonest about them in the first place really

Guys please remember this is Asi's thread and it would be far more helpful to him that posts/comments are constructive rather than off topic & destructive :)

this is constructive in that to help other people so they dont get ripped off in the future :whistling:

What were they up for sale for then? £1600?

so thats 51% markup?

no £2100 so 200% markup

No, it was the bulk buy for toyota, the 1st lot, he got this lot from some garden shed somewhere. i dont know how much he paid, but im sure he would not have paid as much as he did for the 1st lot, as the 1st lot was brand new in tte box's

so thats 51% markup?

no £2100 so 100% markup

Think we're going a bit off-topic, but £2100 selling price when the buying price was £1057 is pretty much a 100% markup.

I was on about the original Group buy a year or so ago. They were £1600 then.

We dont know what he paid this time.

Stav

so thats 51% markup?

no £2100 so 200% markup

No, it was the bulk buy for toyota, the 1st lot, he got this lot from some garden shed somewhere. i dont know how much he paid, but im sure he would not have paid as much as he did for the 1st lot, as the 1st lot was brand new in tte box's

so thats 51% markup?

no £2100 so 100% markup

Think we're going a bit off-topic, but £2100 selling price when the buying price was £1057 is pretty much a 100% markup.

I was on about the original Group buy a year or so ago. They were £1600 then.

We dont know what he paid this time.

Stav

sorry my misunderstanding :oops:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links