Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger Here...

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asi:

so are you sending the kit back to prolex or this marcus guy in germany? And are you paying the postage costs? ( you shouldnt be!)

Given the state of the supercharger i wouldnt touch it at all unless it was free because its obvious it has been kept in very damp conditions and unprotected. I would be looking at replacing the rear bearings for a start which are only available from 1 person in the USA that I know of, and that requires pulling the unit apart which means new seals etc.....

I would hate to see the condition of the chamber inside as that requires very very small air gaps between the rotors and casing - as the inside is unprotected you will have major corrosion and the first time that compressor is turned over you will damage the edges of the rotors.

THAT UNIT IS SCRAP!!!!!!

Also you will be very surprised at how deep the corrosion can go - i would be expectiing to loose at least 1/2 of the material thickness from various points on the casing.

My package has now reached Sweden. I really hope I can pick it up today and then decide whether or not to keep it. I will take a lot of photos of all the parts and I've printed out the TTE supercharger parts list to see if anything is missing. This is going to be interesting.

My package has now reached Sweden. I really hope I can pick it up today and then decide whether or not to keep it. I will take a lot of photos of all the parts and I've printed out the TTE supercharger parts list to see if anything is missing. This is going to be interesting.

hope it works out favourably for you Patrik.

hope it works out favourably for you Patrik.

same here patrik. my kit is going back tommarow so hopefully get my money asap

thanks

slightly off topic but not really I heard a rumor a few times from various Toyota/Lexus staff that there were large quantities of IS200 sport delivered with chargers that were then removed when they hit the uk shores, based on this thread it doesn’t seem like they were wrong.

9 year old kit in damp conditions and forgotten about = what ASI had delivered

Glad a resolution has been reached for you and hope Patrik doesn’t have the same ordeal

Rabs

given recent stories I am not really sure who is worse.. TDI or Prolex????

Dave said Mark was asked if he wanted them, looks like Mark did the right thing :D

Funny thing is, Dave don't think he has done anything wrong :whistling: again :whistling: :whistling:

Asi:

so are you sending the kit back to prolex or this marcus guy in germany? And are you paying the postage costs? ( you shouldnt be!)

Given the state of the supercharger i wouldnt touch it at all unless it was free because its obvious it has been kept in very damp conditions and unprotected. I would be looking at replacing the rear bearings for a start which are only available from 1 person in the USA that I know of, and that requires pulling the unit apart which means new seals etc.....

I would hate to see the condition of the chamber inside as that requires very very small air gaps between the rotors and casing - as the inside is unprotected you will have major corrosion and the first time that compressor is turned over you will damage the edges of the rotors.

THAT UNIT IS SCRAP!!!!!!

Also you will be very surprised at how deep the corrosion can go - i would be expectiing to loose at least 1/2 of the material thickness from various points on the casing.

Some very good points Rob, maybe Patrik could post this over on LOC Eu, for them that have just got them in Europe :question:

given recent stories I am not really sure who is worse.. TDI or Prolex????

Dave said Mark was asked if he wanted them, looks like Mark did the right thing :D

Funny thing is, Dave don't think he has done anything wrong :whistling: again :whistling: :whistling:

slightly off topic but not really I heard a rumor a few times from various Toyota/Lexus staff that there were large quantities of IS200 sport delivered with chargers that were then removed when they hit the uk shores, based on this thread it doesn't seem like they were wrong.

9 year old kit in damp conditions and forgotten about = what ASI had delivered

Glad a resolution has been reached for you and hope Patrik doesn't have the same ordeal

Rabs

Rubbish, they were totally wrong

and i quote my Post a few pages back

BLa BLa BLa

A few facts for the record

..Prolex did not sell ASI his charger kit

..Prolex did not state that the chargers were brand new, in fact Prolex never stated anything !

..the responsibility lies with the seller

..as far as i can see the seller has offered ASI his money back

..so i believe that is the end of this saga

a few more facts

Gord were you not party with Prolex in buying and selling the first batch of superchargers ?

the same ones that you accuse Prolex of profitering from ?

were these brought from Prolex website ??

.......no !

asi and I told Dave to hold two of these superchargers for us. Mine left GB for Austria and the other one went to asi. As Markus had already paid for them both asi and I paid him instead of Dave.

..Prolex did not sell ASI his charger kit

..Prolex did not state that the chargers were brand new, in fact Prolex never stated anything !

..the responsibility lies with the seller

..as far as i can see the seller has offered ASI his money back

..so i believe that is the end of this saga

a few more facts

Gord were you not party with Prolex in buying and selling the first batch of superchargers ?

the same ones that you accuse Prolex of profitering from ?

I only stated how much Prolex paid for them :D Prolex uk bought all the 1st batch of 26 supercharger kits off TGB, you can check this with TGB, i have nothing to do with prolex uk and never have been part of prolex uk ever, others have been part of prolex uk as you well know,being part of Prolex uk yourself at one time, Dave was a mate of mine at one time, but this is one mate i can do without :D

http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache:Mg4Nq...=clnk&gl=se

prolex.jpg

Good job you have this as well Patrik, as it now looks to have gone from Prolex web site :whistling:

was trying to find this but it was removed as soon as they were sold. goon on patrik he cached it...

http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache:Mg4Nq...=clnk&gl=se

prolex.jpg

Good job you have this as well Patrik, as it now looks to have gone from Prolex web site :whistling:

was trying to find this but it was removed as soon as they were sold. goon on patrik he cached it...

but its meaningless as your contract is with Markus !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links