Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member With A Harrier Question.

sean9347

Hi all,

I am new to the site and see some great advice going around in these forums!!!

Not sure if anyone can help with this but I have just purchased a 1998 Harrier RX300 and found the display is mainly in Japaneese!!! The radio related stuff is in English but all the fuel computer, clock set-up etc is not. Also the radio range only goes up to 90Htz so do not get half the radio stations... does anyone have any ideas?

Lexus say it may be adjustable in the settings (which are all in Japaneese), otherwise it's a whole new control install (megabucks!).

The downside to buying an import I know, and can live with it, but if there is a quick fit it would obviously be great!

Sean

Have a look for a radio band expander matey, something like this mate and it should sort your radio out? CLICK ME! :)

Superb! Will order one of those first thing in the morning, cheers!

Thought I would have to get seriously aquanted with my cd collection for a while there!

Thanks again!

Have a look for a radio band expander matey, something like this mate and it should sort your radio out? CLICK ME! :)

Superb! Will order one of those first thing in the morning, cheers!

Thought I would have to get seriously aquanted with my cd collection for a while there!

Thanks again!

Any time matey, :D Not bad for the price and hope it sorts out the problem :D

link 1.......click

this is possibly the same person...but actually on the forums

linky pinky

Hi,

Thanks for the link, it all looks so good when it first loads up the just changes to a foreign google. Will try again at work today. Great help just knowing there is an option out there though!

Will keep you updated on the progress.

• 1 year later...

I've just bought one too. You can get a band expander fitted so you can get all the UK radio stations, not found an easy or cheap solution for the rest of it yet though. If you have any joy I'd love to know & vice versa.

trunk69

Hi and welcome to LOC

I too have a Harrier been playing around with the radio for months now i have a UK unit A US Unit and the Jap unit that it came with only problem is the plugs on the back of the unit and if your unit is the JBL Prem or standard.

Iam looking at making a cross over lead from a 15 pin Jap to a 20pin UK the only issue is getting hold of the plugs and sockets toyota want an arm and a leg.

Will keep you all updated.

The info screen i have not worked out yet some one tole me its info comes from the ECU others havr said its run from the head unit havent worked that one out yet.

Regards

Eddie