Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

8k Hid's, Possible?

BAC

hi all. i am picking my lexus up on saturday and am hoping to fit some HID's to it, i was wondering if it is possible to put HID's on an is200 because the lights arent projector??

i know you have to have projector lights and headlight motors as well??

any help would be grateful

Hello and Welcome to the LOC mate :D

Think most of us have HID kits fitted now and most have never had any problems with having them on the IS,

I've got the 6000k kit on mine which looks about right, and i had the 8000k kit on before that and there slightly bluer in colour so not the best police friendly set but i never got pulled for having them :)

There are a lot of topics on fitting HID lights.

Just have a look mate.

There are kits you can buy that are just plug and play.

Most people go for the 6000k ones.

Which are a white light.

Just remember to get them set at a MOT station, and you will not have any problems

Think most of us have HID kits fitted now and most have never had any problems with having them on the IS,

I've got the 6000k kit on mine which looks about right, and i had the 8000k kit on before that and there slightly bluer in colour so not the best police friendly set but i never got pulled for having them :)

[/quote

well i had an 8000k kit on my old car so was hoping to do the same with my IS. i thought they had to be projector lights though?? ive tried looking at pictures of IS200 headlights and they seem to be the jewel effect headlights? could you offer some guidance on that??

Yes, you can get HID kits which retrofit very easily onto non-projector IS200 headlamp units. I've got HIDs too. The law about these is a grey area, especially when fitting onto existing cars (as opposed to new cars, which need headlamp washers and self-levelling on the headlamps to have HIDs).

Some later IS200s/IS300s have OEM HIDs, but they don't have projector headlamps either.

Yes mate, you are supposed to have self leveling headlights when you have HID's on your car plus headlight washers, some hid lamps dont have projector units but have a shielded bulb, most of the is300's have Hid lights and the last few of the IS200's had them fitted and from what i know they dont use a projector unit, So you'll be fine fitting them to your IS200 :)

thank you for the replies!! sorry for not searching, still find this forum a bit hard to use with checking topics etc. think i shall be ordering a kit from HIDs-direct tonight then!! thanks once again!

i liked your 8000k hid's mate might get myself another set

thank you for the replies!! sorry for not searching, still find this forum a bit hard to use with checking topics etc. think i shall be ordering a kit from HIDs-direct tonight then!! thanks once again!

I had my kits from here matey, the kit i got was made by Phillips and been fine so far For the money :) CLICK ME!

These are mine matey before i fitted them

NEWHIDKIT2.jpg

NEWHIDKIT1.jpg

i liked your 8000k hid's mate might get myself another set

I've still got the bulbs matey so have a choice now 6000k or 8000k :D

We do try mate :D Look forward to some pic's of your lex :D

ha, ah i shall be putting some pictures up!! just scouting for some modifications as we speak. got myself some HID's and a grill on order already and currently looking at some new wheels!! said i wouldnt mod again after my old car but ive got the bug!!!

i have 55watss on head lights with 8k which it will wash it down a bit due to the wattage then i have 55watts 6k fog lights --no prolem at all just looks good esp at night you can see better..i havent change the high beam though its just use occasionally. the brand i use is apex cone and ddm tuning slim and regular size ballast