Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Handbrake Warning Light On Dash?

Hi all, just a quicky, the handbrake/fluid warning lamp has come on.. now, if I start the car and touch nothing it is out, if I press the parking brake pedal it lights, if I take the park brake off it goes out, all good.

The fluid is topped up.

Now, if I press the brake pedal slightly the brake lamps come on as normal, nothing else, if however, I press the pedal enough to feel the brakes working the lamp on the dash comes on and stays on until I turn the car off.

There is no pad warning message on the info panel.

Is the lamp used for pad warning or have I got a tricky one here? I am a tech so can handle the job but if I can narrow it down it will help, I have enough working on cars at work, plus I have a TVR to keep me amused with niggles, the LS is my reliable daily !

Thanks in advance.

Roady

Do all the brake lamps work? including the middle one (if you have one)

The same problem is caused on the IS. Or have you changed the Bulbs to LED's? that causes it as well.

Stav

I had the same problem and it came down to a dodgy brake light bulb in the rear cluster

Do all the brake lamps work? including the middle one (if you have one)

The same problem is caused on the IS. Or have you changed the Bulbs to LED's? that causes it as well.

Stav

I had the same problem and it came down to a dodgy brake light bulb in the rear cluster

Gentlemen, what can I say? spot on, I double checked this morning and sure enough, a quick bulb change and all is well, thank you very much indeed !

Regards

Roady

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links