Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bye The Way You Are Due A Recall

Phone call from Lexus Cambridge to let me know my yearly service at the usual way out price was due. I was thinking of going to my more local Toyota dealer as they are cheaper but the sweetner (Blackmail?) from Cambridge was the "oh bye the way you are due a steering & brake recall check so we will do that at the same time for you". So the question is if your car is not due a service would you know about the recall at all as thinking back all my previous recalls have been done when the car went in for a service, I have yet to see a Lexus recall letter.

Phone call from Lexus Cambridge to let me know my yearly service at the usual way out price was due. I was thinking of going to my more local Toyota dealer as they are cheaper but the sweetner (Blackmail?) from Cambridge was the "oh bye the way you are due a steering & brake recall check so we will do that at the same time for you". So the question is if your car is not due a service would you know about the recall at all as thinking back all my previous recalls have been done when the car went in for a service, I have yet to see a Lexus recall letter.

I had a letter about the recall for my 220d about a week ago & it went in on Friday to be done. The letter had a certificate for completion by the dealer to return to Lexus to certify that it had been done. It's not reliant on when a service is due, as my next one is not until July.

I imagine that you'll get yours any time. No doubt they've got a whole shedload to get through and are possibly having to do it as & when they have the parts available, or maybe they're working though it according to age, reg no of the vehicle or alphabetically according to owner's name.

The dealer mentioned this to me last week too. I guess a letter will follow soon. My dealer's waiting for the parts. If they're all waiting for a batch of parts from Japan or something then that could explain waiting to send the letter.

anyone know if this recall is all variants & ages or is it specific to certain registrations?

to date I have heard nothing but mine is a company lease car so it normally takes an extra couple of months for any paperwork to wing its way to my desk, including speeding tickets...... :whistling:

cheers

anyone know if this recall is all variants & ages or is it specific to certain registrations?

to date I have heard nothing but mine is a company lease car so it normally takes an extra couple of months for any paperwork to wing its way to my desk, including speeding tickets...... :whistling:

cheers

Question answered - booked in for a service today and asked question myself and no, my car not part of recall as 'it must have the modified parts already'

cheers

Question answered - booked in for a service today and asked question myself and no, my car not part of recall as 'it must have the modified parts already'

That figures. I imagine that late built cars will have been fitted during manufacture with the modified parts once the fault was discovered. Mine is an '06 so it could be that pre '07 or maybe even (early?) '08 or so vehicles will be subject to the recall.

cheers

That figures. I imagine that late built cars will have been fitted during manufacture with the modified parts once the fault was discovered. Mine is an '06 so it could be that pre '07 or maybe even (early?) '08 or so vehicles will be subject to the recall.

The last time I had my car in for a service (end of January) there seemed to be 2 recalls pending (steering & brakes) but parts were unavailable at that time. They seemed to apply to my car which is a late 2006 model. I haven't received the recall letter yet, maybe the parts are only now becoming available.

Took my sons (06)IS250SEL back today because of corroding alloys. No problem they said and whilst we have it we will do the steering and rear brakes that are on recall. Booked it in for next month and returned to the office. Driving home this evening was going round a small roundabout when suddenly no power steering!!!! Just like driving a go cart. Struggled home the last three miles and called Lexus. No problem will take the car in next week when they get the parts!!!

My concern is that if I had been in a situation where I needed to swerve or change direction suddenly I would have been in serious trouble.

If this is a known problem then they must let everyone concerned know immediately before there is a serious accident.

Took my sons (06)IS250SEL back today because of corroding alloys. No problem they said and whilst we have it we will do the steering and rear brakes that are on recall. Booked it in for next month and returned to the office. Driving home this evening was going round a small roundabout when suddenly no power steering!!!! Just like driving a go cart. Struggled home the last three miles and called Lexus. No problem will take the car in next week when they get the parts!!!

My concern is that if I had been in a situation where I needed to swerve or change direction suddenly I would have been in serious trouble.

If this is a known problem then they must let everyone concerned know immediately before there is a serious accident.

This is getting serious. Is lexus going to wait until some one gets hurt before they issue a warning. I've just checked VOSA-Vehicle Recalls & still nothing posted. This is not what we expect from Lexus, they should be contacting us, not us contacting them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i am new here and found the site searching for recall info, i have a 55 plate is250se, which i love, however the car has just been into the dealers for a service and recalls, which i knew nothing about previously, one of the recalls it turns out, is a replacement of the steering rack, which my car has had, i was not told what work had been done, i collected it Friday afternoon and drove home, the car felt 'different' to drive, not so presice on the road, i drove it again today & decided to look into things, when i jacked up one side at the front, i found that the wheel will rock about 1cm from side to side, further checks showed that the whole rack is moving on its mountings when the steering is moved, it appears that the workshop have not tightened the mountings up after fitting the new rack. you can imagine how angry i am at the moment, i have sent an e-mail to the dealer principal & await tomorrow.

Which dealship did you take your car to?.

Hi, i am new here and found the site searching for recall info, i have a 55 plate is250se, which i love, however the car has just been into the dealers for a service and recalls, which i knew nothing about previously, one of the recalls it turns out, is a replacement of the steering rack, which my car has had, i was not told what work had been done, i collected it Friday afternoon and drove home, the car felt 'different' to drive, not so presice on the road, i drove it again today & decided to look into things, when i jacked up one side at the front, i found that the wheel will rock about 1cm from side to side, further checks showed that the whole rack is moving on its mountings when the steering is moved, it appears that the workshop have not tightened the mountings up after fitting the new rack. you can imagine how angry i am at the moment, i have sent an e-mail to the dealer principal & await tomorrow.

Further to my earlier post. The work on my sons car has been done and it has been confirmed that the problem I experienced was as a result of the failure of the recalled part.

This according to Lexus is a failure that can only occur when the car is stationary. I beg to differ and as I previously pointed out if I had been travelling at speed I could have had a serious accident.

I have requested that they escalate this matter with Lexus GB and they have assured me that this will be done. I am however writing to Lexus GB myself asking why this is not being treated as a very serious problem and why it has not been reported to VOSA.

To make matters worse I now have learned again thanks to this forum that my wifes RX400H is also subject to a recall for the same problem

Lexus what is going on???????

The car has been to Lexus MK, They collected it on a trailer yesterday and returned it at tea time, the steering rack is now secured properly, i got it back with some goodies on the back seat and a promise of a discount on the next service, all the technicians have apparently been 'spoken to'! It is due to go in again soon for the gearbox noise to be sorted.

Just had the Steering Rack and Brake Caliper recall work done on my '55' IS250SE Auto. New rack, calipers and rear brake pads have been fitted

Great service from Lexus Sheffield. All the work explained to me, car fully cleaned, £20 fuel top-up and a nice tin of sweets left in the car for me.

Does anyone know when these recalls were announced by Lexus? I bought my car from Lexus Norwich in February and I'm disappointed that they didn't check and/or carry out the work before I took delivery of the car, especially as the steering and brakes are pretty safety critical.

Just had the Steering Rack and Brake Caliper recall work done on my '55' IS250SE Auto. New rack, calipers and rear brake pads have been fitted

Great service from Lexus Sheffield. All the work explained to me, car fully cleaned, £20 fuel top-up and a nice tin of sweets left in the car for me.

Does anyone know when these recalls were announced by Lexus? I bought my car from Lexus Norwich in February and I'm disappointed that they didn't check and/or carry out the work before I took delivery of the car, especially as the steering and brakes are pretty safety critical.

You can tell there's a credit crunch- on the recall last year, I had a full tank and a bottle of Champagne! Didn't even get the sweeties this time... :unsure:

I brought an IS250SE L the other month; I emailed the dealer I brought it from yesterday regarding the recalls after reading this thread, I got a fairly quick reply and a phone call. Luckily all the recall work had been done on it beofre I brought it :whistling: