Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Modifying An Is200

This is more out of interest than anything but how many of you have modified your IS200`s? I`ve spent the last 8 years modifying numerous different cars but part of the reason for me selling up my Impreza is because I want to try and get out of that habit. I``ve already conceded that I may change the alloys but that would be all and even then it would only be if they were really scruffy

Lots of us have modified our cars. Some to a very small extent (e.g. new grille), others with major engine mods, and all sorts in between. You will see a lot of people listing their mods in the signatures of their posting. Other people have the full details of their cars in the club Registry (see link near the top).

Plenty of people have either not modified theirs though, or at least if they have then they haven't changed the look of your car, so you'll still be in good company if you keep it totally OEM. It's still a car that looks awesome IMHO without any mods whatsoever !

If you do start changing things though, you know about the slippery slope .... :winky:

hi there, i've got an is200 s which I have modified over a couple of years, I've put some oem 17" alloys, half leather electric seats which have the grey piping, all wired up so the heating and the elecrics work on it, its had a new parcel shelf, a new sports grill, lowered slightly (20mm), a new lip spoiler and a private reg. I'm really pleased with it. Beware though, moding is very addictive!!!!! I'm now searching for a double din head unit with sat nav!!

just my opinion but I think the IS200 looks excellent with the factory optional body kits, I don't like the 4 bar grille at all, or the 3 bar one in grey, but all the black grilles and sport grilles look good, a nice spoiler, not over the top, and clean wheels

just my opinion but I think the IS200 looks excellent with the factory optional body kits, I don't like the 4 bar grille at all, or the 3 bar one in grey, but all the black grilles and sport grilles look good, a nice spoiler, not over the top, and clean wheels

Agree with you Rory, nice body kit from Lexus, sport grill, 18" wheels and a lip spoiler the car doesn't need anything else on the outside, the interior is a good place to be also, just an arm rest would be nice.