Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anpr Stop

Parthiban

They're doing an ANPR check on my road at the moment and they seem to be using the area around our house as the stopping point - I'm absolutely amazed at the number of cars/bikes they're pulling in with no insurance and stuff, it really is staggering.

There are so many being pulled over, a few have been towed away, just unbelievable. And while some of them are not so surprising, there have been a few kids on scooters pulled over, some have been respectable looking people in decent cars - although they could have just forgotten to do something like I did a few months ago........I'm just glad they didn't do this when I forgot to renew my tax as I would have got busted right on my doorstep!

Sometimes insurance can be canceled when you miss a payment. I was watching Police Interceptors and a truck driver was done driving into work. He even had his cover note in the car but his policy had been canceled as his wife had missed a payment. That meant points and he lost his job as he needed a clean license. Its harsh but you have to double check these days.

Sometimes insurance can be canceled when you miss a payment. I was watching Police Interceptors and a truck driver was done driving into work. He even had his cover note in the car but his policy had been canceled as his wife had missed a payment. That meant points and he lost his job as he needed a clean license. Its harsh but you have to double check these days.

Why is it harsh? If a payment is missed the insurance isn't valid...simple as that. IMO anyone caught driving without insurance should also have their driving licence rescinded.

Why is it harsh? If a payment is missed the insurance isn't valid...simple as that. IMO anyone caught driving without insurance should also have their driving licence rescinded.

Agreed....and the motor crushed on the spot.

Yep it's unfair for those who have valid insurance but get pulled because the ins co haven't updated the database, but agree with the comments above that its not unfair if you actually have no insurance.

I didn't realise you got points on your license if you got caught with no insurance but that's a good thing too.

Yep it's unfair for those who have valid insurance but get pulled because the ins co haven't updated the database, but agree with the comments above that its not unfair if you actually have no insurance.

I didn't realise you got points on your license if you got caught with no insurance but that's a good thing too.

But only 6-8 points! no instant ban AFAIK

they are not just insurance jobs......the police can add a 'marker' to ANY vehicle they have intelligence on.......ie suspected burglars,drug dealers,stolen vehicles...absolutely anything and once it pings the ANPR it stands a chance of getting pulled..brilliant piece of kit and mainly targeted at the travelling criminal

as for insurance, dead easy to set up a direct debit, get your certificate and then cancel payments immediatley...in the old days they would just produce the insurance certificate and get away with it...big scam was getting pulled given and given a producer.. pop into a insurance broker and after a cash in hand deal walk out with a backdated cover note....

they are not just insurance jobs......the police can add a 'marker' to ANY vehicle they have intelligence on.......ie suspected burglars,drug dealers,stolen vehicles...absolutely anything and once it pings the ANPR it stands a chance of getting pulled..brilliant piece of kit and mainly targeted at the travelling criminal

as for insurance, dead easy to set up a direct debit, get your certificate and then cancel payments immediatley...in the old days they would just produce the insurance certificate and get away with it...big scam was getting pulled given and given a producer.. pop into a insurance broker and after a cash in hand deal walk out with a backdated cover note....

And sadly not fitted on every cop car.

Yep that's right, one of the policemen popped in to use the bathroom so was telling about what they do with it, and while the insurance/tax is part of it, a lot is to do with catching actual criminals as well.

It is definitely a good thing to pull these guys off the road, things like speed cameras are annoying, but stuff like this is brilliant when you're like us and have absolutely nothing to hide.

Yep that's right, one of the policemen popped in to use the bathroom so was telling about what they do with it, and while the insurance/tax is part of it, a lot is to do with catching actual criminals as well.

I hope you charged him!