Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hellow From North Cornwall

bensyer

Just thought i'd send a quick hello to everyone ,, I have just baught a 99 reg is200 sport ,, got her 2 dys agao and have to say she is one of the best cars i have ever owned,, car was owned by someone who worked at lexus and his father was the manager , im not sure how diffrent this car is to a standard one but it does not roll in corners sounds so quiet all you can here is the roll of the tyres ,, all standard apart from body work and some slight engine mods ,, car does not squeek or ratlle ,, i wet and baught this with a sheet about all the things to look for from this site so should be all ok any way quick pic to go with

tlk you all soon cheers

ben

11111111111.jpg

22222222222.jpg

3333333333333333.jpg

hi sparky,

not sure if there is any mods other than a induction kit,, only got it this tuesday,, absalutly love it ,, think once you gone lexus there is no going back lol,, not sure if ll mod the engine yet, dont wanna go crazy or upset or damage the engne,, seen some really nice angel eye kits on eBay for about 50 quid that looked realy smart, go around the existing lights have you seen them,, cars got some custom door seels made that glow cathode blue when doors are open saying lexus ill get some pics up soon

hi andy-r

i live in launceston not to far from bude and bodmin areas, moced here 6 years ago and agree smashing part of the country will not move outa cornwall now

welcome to LOC mate. nice motor you have there mate.

the angel lights are quite nice on the lexus only problem is that you have to take the headlights apart to put the angel lights in. i have had my angels lights sitting in my room for a good month now but not had the time to put them on

1112807_b72672b2_1219075139.gif

cheers lex2d

hi asi,,,

im hopeing you'll beet me to it then, and when you do, post here the walk threw for me :) ... I did see they go inside the lights , but that looks so much better makes it look more authentic i think

hi andy-r

i live in launceston not to far from bude and bodmin areas, moced here 6 years ago and agree smashing part of the country will not move outa cornwall now

Yeah top place matey, i'm headin down to Holywell Bay, can't wait :D

1112807_b72672b2_1219075139.gif

cheers lex2d

hi asi,,,

im hopeing you'll beet me to it then, and when you do, post here the walk threw for me :) ... I did see they go inside the lights , but that looks so much better makes it look more authentic i think

well what im thinking is going tobuy two headlights from somewhere and then rig pig has offered to do them for me as he doesnt stay too far from me.

Does anybody else get a pain in the back wen driving long distance.,. i cant figure out why, im comfortable enough..

also what causes the headlights to steam up and how do you cure it

oh and one other thing the car has a induction kit fitted,, it also came with the factory air intake .. is it better to put the origanal back on,, i cant see the benifits of having a air filter exposed in a hot engine bay... but maybe wrong

cheers

had the same induction kit on mines. does make a diff mate. i notice the engine being more responsive and the noise from the engine is alot better. if i was was you then i would get a apexi filter which would imporve the sound and it will be more responsive.

would have one fitted by now but prolex really bumped me off. so awaiting another one next week and yes its a bolt on kit. there hard to come by made so keep a eye out at the sale section but dont buy from prolex

Sounds like the seal on your headlights have gone, it's quite common best was to cure it is to take the lamps out and either just try and seal them with silicone or something, or more effective is to split them open re-glue and then seal, there's a thread on here somewhere about doing this.

As for your induction kit matey the original air scoop runs in virtually the same place so your better off sticking with the kit, if your not happy tho with it travelling across the engine you could always shorten the pipe to move it away from the heat, have a look at Aztecbandit's post about his home kit.