Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1st Is200 Few Questions

Hi all i am currently looking to buy a is200 mainly due to the good reviews i have found on them anyway,the onw i am due to look at is a is200 (navigator?)

It has an auto box any good or bad opinions on these

The sat nav cannot recieve the signal but has a disc?

Does it have a timing belt and if so when does it get changed

thanks

Hello and Welcome to the club matey :D

Not sure on the auto box but have never heard any complaints from the guys that have them?

The sat nav might of had an older version disc inserted into the drive? or need a reset? If a newer version of the sat nav disc is put into the system it updates it, meaning the old disc wont read, ( i found out by messing with mine in the past?)

The timing belt was advised to be changed at 100,000 miles but Lexus brought the change down to 60,000 miles as a few were wearing out early. So make sure its been changed around the 60,000 mile mark and you should be fine :)

Hi, Welcome to LOC!

I drive a manuel, so i can't comment on what the auto is like on the is200. I also have the SE model, so the extra you get with the navigator i wouldn't be familiar with. But what i can help you with is that the time belt should be changed at 6k miles or 6 Yrs, whatever comes first. It was originally at 100k or 10 Yrs, but alot of people reported badly worn belts etc, so lexus recommended to change at 6k miles/6 Yrs. When you do change the timing belt, it's worth also changing tensioner at the same time. It's worth asking the garage to check the condition of the water pump for any leaks while he's there doing the timing belt. Prices for a timing belt change varies greatly, but i would say for a resonable price is around £220. Lexus are charging £299 at the moment, but not sure if they include the tensioner as well as the belt. Hope this helps.

I'm sure other members who are more familiar with your specific lexus model can answer your other questions.

Hello and Welcome to the club matey :D

Not sure on the auto box but have never heard any complaints from the guys that have them?

The sat nav might of had an older version disc inserted into the drive? or need a reset? If a newer version of the sat nav disc is put into the system it updates it, meaning the old disc wont read, ( i found out by messing with mine in the past?)

The timing belt was advised to be changed at 100,000 miles but Lexus brought the change down to 60,000 miles as a few were wearing out early. So make sure its been changed around the 60,000 mile mark and you should be fine :)

you mention a reset how is this done i presume its the cheapest option to try 1st

I have an auto, and am happy with it, but you have to be prepared for what it is before you buy it. It's very smooth and comfortable, but as a 4 speed box it really harms performance and economy.

Therefore it's quite a bit slower than the manual, and I generally get around 21mpg around town. However, I still find it great and that it still can be a lot of fun (plus imo the gearbox area looks a lot better in the auto)

Does the satnav have a map up on screen or is it blank?

As others have said, cambelt should be changed every 6 years or 60,000 miles.

Welcome to LOC! :D

As far as i know for now it has the map up

If the map is up, have a look on the screen to see if there is a symbol that says "GPS". If it's not there it's most likely an antenna issue, this happened with mine a few years ago where after some bodywork they forgot to plug it back in. Could be as simple as that so that's the first place to check I guess.

As far as i know for now it has the map up

If the map is up, have a look on the screen to see if there is a symbol that says "GPS". If it's not there it's most likely an antenna issue, this happened with mine a few years ago where after some bodywork they forgot to plug it back in. Could be as simple as that so that's the first place to check I guess.

ok thanks i will have a check and get back to you