Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Geometry

Aweb

So I went to my local tyre place where they do 4 wheel laser/computer alignment.

got it all up on the ramp and start checking. Rear was well out! so they started trying to adjust it and it appears when adjusting the camber(i think) it wasnt actually changing anything. I have some pics but they are too blurry to make out but on the outside it has little markings at regular intervals.

Regardless of the turning nothing changed. looking at where the nuts are and this plate thing is supposed to sit inside a curved 90degree lip but its actually sitting on top of this lip so when its being adjusted its putting pressure on this lip point.

so it looks like this adjustment nuts or whatever and this lip area is a bit ****** and some bushes need to be replaced at the same time.

Sorry if i'm not making much sense but if i saw it I'd recognize it but describing it isn't easy :(

so does anyone have a clue what i'm talking about? :D

Sounds like the rear camber pin mate, when you turn it, its suposed to push against the raised lip to adjust the camber settings? on some IS200's they have the same problem and Tony at Wheels in motion can sort it with a bit of work from what i remember? Might be worth sending Tony a PM and ask his advice :)

The problem would be the NSR Toe adjuster.... On about 50% of 200's the ledge that the adjuster cam pushes on is to shallow so the cam rides over it.

You/they have two options....

1: Release the lock nut, centre the adjuster and adjust the Toe with the "wheels raised", this is an option available on the machine but not normally used on your car.

2: Use the camber adjuster to compensate for the Toe position..... This is a sacrificial adjustment so only used if #1 doesn't work and the end camber position is not to violent (more than -1 degree 10')

If your still not sure call me 07948 427383 and i will explain.

thanks, i'll pass that on!

i dropped my motor off at my local garage (not the same one that has the alignment kit) and they are having a look at some parts as some of the bushes need replacing.

however from what mr wim has said does anything actually need to be replaced?

also it looked like where this adjuster was sitting on this lip there was a gap... which also doesnt help apparently.

If it's on the lip then it's missed the adjustment.... The "D" shaped washer should be against the lip, not on it.

I took mine apart completely , took out the bolt , and found a worn section in the centre of the slot that wasn't letting me adjust the settings . Cleaned that with a die-grinder and file , put a smear of oil on everything , and re-assembled all . Much easier now to adjust the toe , even with the wheels on the ground .