Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Production Lf-a To Be Unveiled In October?

Hando

So it's an actual detuned F1 engine that's going in there? That is seriously cool, can't wait for this thing to be launched :D

I'm glad it didn't get canned either, probably absolutely the wrong time to launch a Lexus supercar, but it will be awesome!

read this the other day on pistonheads....wonder how much of the article is true tho. with the current economic climate etc, if they do launch the car..finally..in october then it could a be a massive step for the toyota/lexus but they will need an extremely good marketing strategy in order to make people part with their money for it in the current climate. Granted it is an amazing car which funnily enough the headlights remind me of aston martins IIRC but it will have to really give the GTR a run for its money to be able to compete successfully and "if" the engine is apparently a re tuned V10 from the forumula one cars then that would mean its a high revving NA engine...oooh..honda wont like that lol...anyway, fingers crossed it gets released and hope they dont make too many alterations to the styling for the final version either.

Well unofficially this car did set a new 'Ring lap record, so I'm guessing it's not a bad car!

Not really in the same league as the GT-R though, this is a £100k supercar, so is in the realms of the 911 Turbo, R8, F430, etc.........although if the performance lives up to the hype it should really be something like an SLR for 911 money..........

Didnt the salesman down at the brighton lexus place (when wozza and jon jumped in the sea in dresses) say that they had already sold all the LFA's even though there wasnt a final price for it ????????

Didnt the salesman down at the brighton lexus place (when wozza and jon jumped in the sea in dresses) say that they had already sold all the LFA's even though there wasnt a final price for it ????????

That is interesting if true, I know they do take pre-orders on cars that haven't even been confirmed for production yet but that's quite promising for Lexus.........

That is interesting if true, I know they do take pre-orders on cars that haven't even been confirmed for production yet but that's quite promising for Lexus.........

Im pretty sure the guy said that, or it was for the IS-F but that had already been confirmed so not sure. I think they will produce it as toyota have zero performance cars in there range at the moment and I think the most powerful engine they do make is in the Auris diesel, this will firmly put them back in to good cred on the performance car market.

Im pretty sure the guy said that, or it was for the IS-F but that had already been confirmed so not sure. I think they will produce it as toyota have zero performance cars in there range at the moment and I think the most powerful engine they do make is in the Auris diesel, this will firmly put them back in to good cred on the performance car market.

The LF-A is still a Lexus though, so there'd still be no performance cars in the Toyota range. The problem for Toyota is that while the LF-A may be brilliant (and seems it will be) they can never make a Toyota that's anywhere near as good as it would provide too much internal competition.

It would be the same if they had launched the VW W12 coupe (not sure if anyone remembers that one) but they eventually only released one, the R8.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links