Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Specific Grounding Kit

I hadn't heard of these, and looking at the eBay listing it sounded like a load of nonsense. But are you saying they actually work Stav ? And is that your car in the pic on eBay ?!

I thought it was his car also, before the lower mesh was removed?

It's not really a question of whether they do harm though, is it ? More a question of if they do any good ?

Looking back through some photos it looks to me like some members here already have similar kits on their cars. Can anyone comment on any differences they noticed after fitting one ?

A good ground on eny electrical circuit can do no harm...

As rabster said.. not hard to make your own and probably cheaper.. It all depends on the quality of the 8 gauge.

Ideally you want pure copper wiring but a lot of the time in cheap wiring kits you get copper clad aluminium which isnt as good a conductor therefore a poor investment.. Oh, by the way the price of raw metals has shot up so wiring will start to go up again soon..

then all you need are some good terminals and some shrink wrap..

If the specific kit is good quality wire which im guessing stav can let us know then its not a bad buy.. and it does look nice and has instructions which make it a little easier!!

Well he says in his advert:

Six 99.9999% oxygen free copper core grounding cables in a choice of colours with preattached gold plated connectors, the size of the connectors and lengths of cables are designed to specifically fit the intended grounding points.

It looked copper to me though i cant say i'm an expert.

Stav

i do have pictures of the instalation and of the finished article including cable lengths somewhere at home will look on my server when i get home and upload to website for all to view lol

thanks mate..

my personal opinion is save your money, the only cars i have found have any real benifit are automatics that have electronically controlled gearbox ecu.

i really cannot see what benefit they will give on a manual car....im sure Toyota got there electrics spot on when they designed the car, its not like were talking about some cheap ***** French car

quite possibly very true mat..

unless some of the original wiring is loose or has been damaged..

with any ICE install one of the first things to do is replace/add grounding to the Battery / alt. This can help with charging/lights dimming but this is only when putting extra strain in the resource available from standard.

i wouldnt have though that it makes much diff when standard but as mentioned, it wont do any harm..

my personal opinion is save your money, the only cars i have found have any real benifit are automatics that have electronically controlled gearbox ecu.

i really cannot see what benefit they will give on a manual car....im sure Toyota got there electrics spot on when they designed the car, its not like were talking about some cheap ***** French car

Thank the lord its not a cheap **** French car!!

You are probably right. Maybe when a set of amps goes in the car it will have a marked benefit.