Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Is250 Tyres Are Best?

Singhy

Hi all. I'm unsure about which tyres to get for my IS250 SE-L. I've seen the following: Michelin Pilot Sport 2 (Costco), Pirelli P Zero Rosso (Kwik-Fit), Dunlop SP (I think the originals on the car) and Continental Conti-Sport Contact 2. I want good grip, a similar standard to the Dunlops currently on the car, but specifically quiet and comfortable tyres would be ideal. Which of these, or other, is the best, and where is the best place to buy. Links would be appreciated.

Singhy

I had Toyo Proxes R32 on mine and have just changed them a couple of weeks ago for Toyo Proxes T1-R and so far am very pleased with them. They are actually quieter than the old ones which were more than acceptable, in fact last weekend driving down the M40 I was suprised that on the smooth bits of tarmac there was no raod noise at all. Was hoping for a wet day this week to try them in the rain as these tyres have a tread pattern that is far superior in the rain.

I got them from www.tyretraders.com and paid for them fitted and they were delivered to my local fitter ( you can choose from their partners ) and were fitted without any troubles. Cost all in £414.

I had Toyo Proxes R32 on mine and have just changed them a couple of weeks ago for Toyo Proxes T1-R and so far am very pleased with them. They are actually quieter than the old ones which were more than acceptable, in fact last weekend driving down the M40 I was suprised that on the smooth bits of tarmac there was no raod noise at all. Was hoping for a wet day this week to try them in the rain as these tyres have a tread pattern that is far superior in the rain.

I got them from www.tyretraders.com and paid for them fitted and they were delivered to my local fitter ( you can choose from their partners ) and were fitted without any troubles. Cost all in £414.

:angry: Dammit, the two rear T1-R's on my SE-L cost me £448.50 inc. balance and fitting.

Just changed my two fronts (225/40/18) thanks to hitting a pothole and knocking the tracking out. Looked at some reviews on mytyres.co.uk and after drawing up a shortlist ended up buying from tyretraders.com. Paid £140 including delivery for the tyres and £20 for fitting. Went for Falken FK452's as they scored well on grip, wear rate, and noise. They scored slightly better than the Toyos that are mentioned a lot on here. Other makes scoring well were Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta and Avon ZV5. The guy who fitted couldn't believe the price I was paying but said prices change so quickly to take advantage depending on what is in the country. Indeed I looked on tyre traders today and the Falkens are not listed neither are the Vredesteins, so it is well worth looking around. Camskills have good prices also.

mad.gif Dammit, the two rear T1-R's on my SE-L cost me £448.50 inc. balance and fitting.

Incase it wasn't clear mine was for two fronts and two backs, including balnca and fitting.

It's OK I understood that to be the case. My rears are 275/35/19's so it's far from a direct comparison :D .

• 1 month later...

Well, I still haven't got my tyres. But these Toyos look interesting. One plus about Costco was that they do Nitrogen filling, and include all charges, I was just wondering if I bought the Toyos would I be able to get them fitted at Costco (the one near the Trafford Centre)?

ive got the ps2`s on my accord and i rally cant fault them excellent tire. unbelievable grip. got them from costco aswell, 225 45 17`s were like £390 for four. they are currently doing 25% of four.