Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Beeping In Reverse

Yeah as rob says the speaker is actually part of the speedo.

And leave it there, you can only hear it inside the car, not outside.

And you'll thank it that time when your at the lights and you select reverse instead of first by accident.

Stav

yh put mine in reverse many times just after i bought it, first time i sat in, i put it in reverse by accident and it started beeping not sure what the beeping was, went backwards, would defo leave it as it is

The gearbox design is daft on the IS200. What is wrong with the traditional "lock" on reverse. I've found it so easy to falsely select reverse when I'm rushed to move off etc.

The gearbox design is daft on the IS200. What is wrong with the traditional "lock" on reverse. I've found it so easy to falsely select reverse when I'm rushed to move off etc.

Above is very true, when rushed, i.e 3 point turn on busy road, I always seem to select reverse instead of first, & had some very near misses!

I've had a fault on my parking sensors for a while, when you select reverse it beeped continuously for about 4 secs, which done my nut in. I chopped one wire to the speaker in the back, until I find time to sort the problem out. However, I never had to disconect anything behind the speedo??

Never really had the problem of selecting reverse by mistake but it's best to leave it as is, you'll soon get useed to it.

If it's a parking sensor model then there could be insurance problems if god forbid you disconnect it then back into something.

• 2 weeks later...
Mine was always quite hard to get reverse, but I did once do it and thanked the lord for the beeper, clutch was very nearly all the way up and a lorry stopped up my exhaust........... Once is enough.
Glad you said that... mine is a real mare to get into reverse - wasn't sure if it was just that it's different to my old car and I'm not used to it yet, as I've only just bought my IS200.

When I picked it up, I had to fill the tank as the warning light was on (would've been nice of the garage to fill it up before handing over the keys.... ho hum) and I drove up to the wrong side of the pump, as my old Citroën had the tank on t'other side. Realising my mistake I nudged the car forward and at an angle, so that I could reverse up to the pump on the other side... except I couldn't get into reverse! Was sat there trying for a good 2 minutes - everyone else on the forecourt thought I was a complete mentaller!